40

Chapter 40 Recruiting Base Personnel

  Hal felt some kind of invisible gaze behind him.

  He subconsciously looked in that direction and found Rayleigh huddled in the corner.

  He seemed to be a little injured, and a look of pain flashed across his brows, but when he noticed Hal looking over, Reilly quickly put down his trousers, looked over fiercely, and gave him a middle finger.

  He cursed silently: "Bastard!"

  Hal turned his head expressionlessly.

  In this case, he didn't want to argue with this kind of person who has brute force but no brains.

  The helicopter stayed on the rooftop, lowered the safety rope and let them climb up one by one.

  "Professor Li Sen, you go first."

  Li Sen is their main target for this mission, and Edmund intends to give him the first opportunity.

  The man nodded at him and climbed up the rope ladder.

  Immediately afterwards, the woman who showed off her power just now squeezed in and said, "I want to be the second one."

  The other experimenters dared not speak out in anger, so they could only let this woman go.

  Women are even more arrogant.

  Seeing "Li Sen" enter the helicopter, she immediately followed him.

  However, this woman was weak and it took her a long time to climb into the cabin.

  The remaining people on the rooftop were evacuated one after another.

  However, at this moment, the baseball bat inserted into the iron door was also knocked open by the zombie group.

  The team members can only retreat while shooting.

  But there were too many zombies rushing up to the roof. They were extremely fast and soon filled the entire rooftop like a tide.

  The captain and Hal stayed behind.

  "Hal, hold my hand."

  At the critical moment, Edmund climbed up the rope ladder, accompanied by the swaying helicopter, and firmly caught Hal in time.

  "Okay."

  Hal kicked away the zombie holding his boots, used his strength to jump, and grabbed the bottom level of the rope ladder.

  The helicopter flew off the rooftop with the two people on the rope ladder. Due to inertia, a large number of zombies rushed towards them like they were dying, and fell from the sky one by one.

  Exhausted, Captain and Hal climbed into the helicopter before collapsing to the ground.

  "It's so slow, it's delaying the helicopter's flight. Can't you speed up?"

  The woman just now began to complain again.

  Accompanied by the buzzing sound of the helicopter, everyone in the cabin was extremely disgusted with this woman, but due to her identity, they could not say anything more.

  At this moment, the team members noticed that something was wrong with their teammates: "Rayleigh, Rayleigh, what's wrong with you?"

  Rayleigh raised his head, his whole body began to tremble and twitch, and there were blue and black markings on his skin.