A Treaty

"[S]ome of the opinions which people entertain should be respected, and others should not." - Socrates 『Apology, Crito And Phaedo Of Socrates.』

================================================================================

人々の意見には、尊重されるべきものと、尊重されるべきでないものがあります。 - ソクラテス『ソクラテスの弁明、クリトンとパイドー。』

______________

Friday.

I woke up unpleasantly surprised with a barge of emails and messages. Last night, before heading to bed, I sent an email to Ryuuen telling him good night. It was not a gesture of affection. I had only done so to return the favor. An email is something not worth getting fussy over. I lay in bed to mentally prepare myself. Today, I have decided to take things slowly. Yesterday was exhausting and unenjoyable. I would rather avoid repeating history. I would also prefer to evade any student from Class C except Shiina.

Ah, I feel lazy. It is almost the weekend, but I do not want to get up.

In a depressing struggle, I sat up in bed, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. I picked up my phone from my bedside table and glanced at all the notifications. It was a total of 2 emails and 56 text messages. Did Ryuuen add me to a group chat? Why? I should read these emails first before the text messages. I opened the first email; its sending was at 10:10 pm.

[ I didn't know you were the sentimental type, Ayanokouji. Hehe. ]

I am not the sentimental type, Ryuuen. I would consider myself lucky if I were you. I opened the second email and read its contents.

[ You could use some excitement in your life. Thank me later. You owe me. ]

I did not need excitement in my life. My mundane life was everything I ever wanted. I want to live an ordinary high school life.

However, Ryuuen's email stirred a few questions. There were 2 emails, yet 56 text messages. I got off my emails and switched apps. When I logged on, all messages came from a group chat. I looked at its name.

Brainless Bitches.

Why would I want to be in a group chat labeled that? I felt insulted rather than comforted to be in a group labeled this. I didn't feel like reading all 56 messages, so I checked who was in the group chat instead. All the names I saw were familiar to me. Ryuuen Kakeru, Ichinose Honami, Sakayanagi Arisu, Horikita Manabu, and Nagumo Miyabi. It was an unusual crowd of people. Although, Nagumo Miyabi was someone I was the least familiar with. I remember his name spoken by Horikita's older brother. He was a dangerous student. Along with that, he was the next upcoming president of the student council. Back to the group of students, the title of the chat was deceiving. Every student here was everything but brainless. It harvested dangerous students with incredible intelligence. I should be wary. Whatever, I'll look back at this later.

Right now, that was the least of my concerns. Unfortunately, I had school.

-

The class was once again uneventful. A continuous cycle of taking notes and memorizing them for tests. My mind was set on the upcoming Special Exam. We were three-fourths done of the school year. The school hasn't expelled any first-year students from Special Exams or tests. The school is likely going to increase the dangers of the Special Exam. With Ryuuen's downfall, he would become unpredictable. From what I've seen so far, Ryuuen's been docile. This could change over time. The Dragon will slumber until the next full moon.