Chapter Thirty-nine

Holden's pov

To says that I wasn't proud of her would be an understatement since I was so thrilled for her standing up to her ex-boyfriend Matthew especially when she had told me the whole story of how everything went between the two of them as if she would ever go back a toxic person like him.

Not to mention that she told me how she felt too empowered by that I know she made him feel weaker than he was before. I saw how strong and fearless she was plenty of times enough to know she needed someone to offer to help her manifest her power and then i thought that why not be the one to show her how worthy she was of the right kind of love.

Right now, I couldn't decide on whether or not i should take her to an indoor flying session like an astronaut not knowing if she would love flying in an air space.

This very soon became my backup plan to take the guys instead of her to the place and then I would take her to Yosemite National Park in San Francisco just a few hours to the east this week to go sight-seeing now that the second academic year was coming to an end. There were three hundred and sixty five days in a year but if you ask me I wanted to spend a whole infinity with her.

"You know we had only been together for four months." She mentioned it to me.

In my fiance degree it acquired me to work out mathematical problems or end up working with the bank due to my skills and intellect that allows me to counts numbers so i counted up the many years that i had known, the days i had get to see her smile/ laughs and lastly the days that i going to give her last name. A dreamer, that what she was but one day i hope she would dream walking down the isles getting married to me as i would give the life that she deserve even if she does agrees to say yes someday without or with taking my last name then i would be the most happiest because she die-hard feminist who loved to win everything games or everything in life.

And if someone told me that i would meet the love of my life but first there they mentioned that she was my high school crush then i wouldn't believe them for so many reasons. One, she was intelligent, two, she was remarkably beautiful, three, she single-handedly gathered the entire students on the campus together to get them to have a peaceful protest to raise awareness about the effect of racism and discrimination which i know some men might think that she doing for attention but i know better than that she was doing it to make the campus ground much safer and diverse too. Four, she was my endgame from the start because I would relocate my future for her if she said this city was too mainstream for her then I would move to a different or another country just for her.

"It is actually five months and a few weeks but who's counting?" I pointed it out to her.

I've got my teammates to tried set up little mini hints for me to used so that i could showed her where we were going to next as i constantly distract her knowing that i was amazing at math and she was just nerdy girl who could outsmart anyone else which was one of the things that i had love about her. We were an unstoppable couple and you know the first time that I had actually laid my eyes on her. She made me absolutely speechless that my brain decided to sprout complete nonsense whenever I see her until I decided that if she felt any of the tiny fraction of emotions for me even if it was hatred then I would still be the luckiest guy on this planet earth.

Falling slowly and yet hopelessly for her as I watched her confidence grow back right after her accident was one the best things to see in the world. Additionally, I knew that all of my family would love her just as equally as I love her and my cousin Flora had become really close friends with her over the last couple of months, probably gossiping about me or doing whatever strong independent young women do at our age.

"Well, I'm counting because it feels a lot longer than that,"she sighed happily to me.

However, she does know how long that I was counting the days where we could finally go on our trip together away from hockey games, our classes and spend some time with one another to get the chance to be in our own little bubble. Beside the fact that i was doing to prank her because she thought that we were going to hike up a mountain or a very large hill but we weren't going to do any of that. I think the boys might make it a group trip although I booked us the suite hotel room to stay in too.

In the meantime, we were watching Hitch in my room as we cuddled up right underneath the warm blankets whilst eating snacks such as popcorn, Sour Patch Kids, gummy worms, and chocolate squares and ordered takeaways from a restaurant with some fizzy pops drinks. She doesn't know that I had kept the picture of the two of us kissing last year when we went paintballing with our friends. It was literally the screensaver on my phone but people could only see it if I had unlocked my phone.

"And I feel like I have known you for an entire lifetime, smartass."I said teasingly to her.

Finally, I have found love in the most unexpected places and my entire life I had felt like a burden until she had come along into my life to allow me to breathe because she was my strength and my weakness at the same time. I would never try to take her away from her dream career especially when I think that strong and intelligent woman who was able to speak their mind was attractive.

All my life, I have been fighting and I never had someone to call my own. There was power in the voice of the people who knew their rights in life even though other people might try to say that they understand what we went through but they have no idea how hard it was for us to stay strong. Life can be so unfair sometimes to us for no reason. The strongest group of great people had to face the agony because life thought that we could take it since we were unbreakable.

"Hey, you're just mad because I'm better than you in every single thing."she giggled and rested her head on my shoulder.

Nobody gets me like she does as I only like myself whenever she is around me. We were feeding each other chocolate covered strawberries after we had put on her favorite face mask to make our skin smooth and give it a healthy glow in her words, not mine as I just couldn't say no to her.

"Just you're just lucky enough that I know the indifferent between pucking hate and love. I love you enough to let you win just about everything, Natalia Spielberg."I told her.

A giggle had escaped from her mouth as she shook her head gazing into my eyes whilst she looked genuinely happy at this moment. I knew that I was going to spend the rest of my life with her. And no one else could tell me otherwise or try to change my mind about how crazy in love I was with her.

"No, you're lucky enough that I love you because you're arrogant or either full of yourself. and there is not a lot of girls who can put up with that as I do, Holden McClellan." she pointed that out to me.

I don't want anyone else but I want her.

She was absolutely humble when she said that sentence to me but she wasn't wrong though because she was right not a lot of girls could put up with me on campus. My ego was too huge for them except she was the only girl who could take it down a peg by putting me in my place from time to time.

Me. Her. This. Us were meant to last forever and we were infinite. We were written in the stars.