Two

For the next few weeks, Tanay attended to her when visiting her doctor. He would drop her off and pick her up from her counseling. She was getting better.

Their miscarriage had become a hot topic in the Mehra family. Everyone talked about the child, but not a single person inquired about Aadya's health.

Besides Tanay's Maasi, his mother's sister, she was supportive. She always checked on Aadya through phone calls, guiding her on how to take care of herself.

Today was Aadya's last counseling session, and tomorrow was her final check-up. Tanay was pleased with her recovery.

As Aadya descended the stairs, making her way to him, his hand unconsciously raised for her to hold, and she did.

"How was it?" He asked her, gesturing for a taxi to stop.

"Good. It was the last session," she said.

"Do you want to go out for dinner tonight?" He asked, opening the door of the taxi for her to get in.

"I'm not supposed to eat out," she said, looking at him.

"It's your last day of medication; I'm sure your doctor won't mind us celebrating." He lightly squeezed her hand he was holding. "Please?"

"Okay." She nodded.

"Where do you want to go?"

She scrunched up her nose, thinking. "Hmm, I don't really know. I have not been to many hotels and restaurants. Anywhere that's good?"

"Okay, what do you want to have?"

"Panipuri." She answered in a heartbeat.

"For dinner?"

"Mm-hmm." She nodded, kind of embarrassed. She had a light smile on her face.

He stared at her for a moment before chuckling and tapping the cab driver on his shoulder. "Take a left from this corner."

"One more."

Her eyes were watering, she was sniffling, her nose had almost turned red, and yet, she was asking for another serving.

Not only that, she also told them to make it extra spicy.

Tanay chuckled at her in amusement.

"I can see the smoke coming out of your ears," he said and laughed.

Giggling, she looked at him. Her face was flushed.

After she was done, Tanay handed her a water bottle and stopped a taxi for them to go home.

On their way home, Aadya turned to him and asked, "H-How was your day at work?"

He turned to her, a little taken aback but answered almost immediately. "It's been uneventful lately. But I might have another trip coming up."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

They reached home. Tanay's parents had already eaten and gone to sleep.

"I'll heat up the food for you?" Aadya said but sounded more like a question.

"That will be great. Thank you." He breathed out. He was a little tired. It was written on his face, basically.

"Go ahead and change." She said, setting her purse on the kitchen counter and taking out a hairband from it. She tied her hair up and got to work.

By the time Tanay came back, she had his plate ready. She sat in front of him on the chair, watching him eat and asking if he would like some more.

"You sure you don't want to eat?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm full." She passed a light smile.

They went to bed.

The next morning when Tanay woke up, Aadya wasn't by his side. She wasn't in the bathroom either.

He stepped out of his room and bumped into her.

"Hey." He said, a little confused. "You woke up early?"

"No, I woke up at the same time I do every day. Why haven't you showered yet? You have the office, right?" She looked up at him.

He frowned at her. "Are you okay?" He eyed her. She was in a deep blue saree with a white blouse. Her hair was a little damp. It looked as if she had been up and working like always.

"Yes? Go, get ready. You're gonna be late. Breakfast is ready."

Looking at her one last time, uncertainly, he nodded and stepped into the shower.

He got ready for his office, grabbed his bag and walked downstairs. His parents were at the dining table, having their breakfast.

Aadya set down the tea cups and took her seat beside him.

"You made it?" He asked, quietly.

"Yeah. I'm feeling well, now." She smiled.

"Tanay, beta," his father called, "your mom and I were thinking of going to your brother's place for a while."

"Oh." Tanay swallowed his bite. "Okay. So, when are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow morning."

"Okay, I'll book the cab for you." He turned to his wife. "Chai is good, Aadya."

"Thank you." She smiled.

While Tanay got ready to leave, Aadya handed him his lunch.

"I'll meet you at the clinic, okay? Call me when you leave the house." He told her.

"I will." She said. "Have a good day." He smiled at that, nodding.

Things were slowly getting better for both of them.

As he left, she closed the door and turned around only to face her mother-in-law.

"What is going on?" She asked her.

"What do you mean, maa?" Aadya frowned.

"What are you up to?" She narrowed her eyes. "What did you tell my son?"

"Nothing."

"Gayatri." Her father-in-law called. "Let it be."

With that, they left her alone. She had already prepared lunch and also made dinner preparations. So she went to her room and brushed her hair.

The medication had kind of increased her hair fall. After that, she cleaned her room, the kitchen, living room, and her in-laws room.

By the time she was done, it was almost 2 pm. She grabbed her purse, her prescriptions, and the doctor's file.

"Maa, I'm going to the hospital." She told them. All she got was a 'hum'.

She left the house, booked an Ola and called Tanay.

"Hello?" He said.

"Hi. Um, I just left the house. I'm on my way to the hospital."

"Okay, okay. I'll be there."

As promised, he was there. They visited the doctor. Aadya had fully recovered.

"Everything else is fine, how's your mental health?" Doctor asked.

"I'm good now. Feeling much better. Infact, yesterday was my last session at the clinic." Aadya told her with a proud and shy smile.

Doctor smiled in response. "That's really good. Just remember, don't be ashamed of asking for help and speaking out, yeah?" She nodded.

"Thank you, doctor."

After leaving the hospital, Tanay was trying to stop a taxi for her.

"Did you have your lunch?" She asked. She had cooked his lunch after a while, after all.

"Yeah, and it was really good." He smiled at her. A taxi stopped. Tanay opened the door for her, making sure her pallu was out of the way when closing the door. "I'll see you at home. Text me when you reach."

With that she left and he also walked his way back to his office, just in time for his lunch break to end.