Chapter Five

While I was getting ready, a thought came to my mind. "It's actually pretty cool having an irresistible ghost boy in my house. Heck, I'm probably the first one to ever see a ghost in history!"

When I finished getting ready, I checked myself out in the mirror. And let me tell you, I looked good! I was wearing a white cropped T-shirt, some ripped jeans, white Converse sneakers, a beige knitted sweater, a silver necklace, and a beige beret. I just got the beret from the mall. It's very cute. I'm officially making it my favorite hat. I spritzed on some perfume, and went back downstairs. And low and behold, there he was. Jacob. Sitting there reading a newspaper and sipping away on a cup of coffee. A cappuccino, to be specific. I cleared my throat to get his attention. He looked up and said, "Looking good, Miss Beret." and he said it in a really fake French accent.
So, if I'm counting correctly that's three different names he's called me in less the twenty-four hours. Princess, Gorgeous, and now Miss Beret.

"Honestly, Jacob, aren't you getting a little old for name-calling?" I said.
"I like sarcasm. It's kind of my brand."
"If you insist, Ghost Boy." I rolled my eyes and
chuckled while I did so.

His face suddenly lit up and he said, "Oh! By the way I made you coffee, it's on the kitchen counter," and nodded his head towards the kitchen island. He was right. Indeed, in a little white café style mug was a cappuccino, with a heart design on top. "I made it myself. It's okay to be impressed." He smirked his usual sarcastic smirk. Classic Jacob. And, yes, he smirks enough for me to say classic. Well, there was really no other choice than to drink it. And let me tell you, it was just as good as the French toast he made me earlier. I love having him as my personal chef. No! His sarcasm is already rubbing off on me!