Chapter 9 - Revelation and Separation

There were many things that Riley dreaded. Exams and test, injuries, and boring classes. But even then, he could always see light at the end of the tunnel once it was all over. At least he knew roughly what would happen after.

But this time, he couldn't see it.

For the first time in his life, he had to wait for the outcome. How his friends would see him. If they even were still his friends.

His friends still remained in their thoughts, seemingly trying to wrap their heads around their memories long forgotten. Trying to get a full understanding of why did all this. Why he hid this from him. But not matter who much effort they tried to put in, they couldn't find the reason.

Protector could only wait in silence uncomfortably, waiting for the conflict to begin. He didn't even need to turn to look at the villain's expressions, knowing that things would fall apart for the allies. 

"That all happened." Adam spoke, finally breaking the silence. "That all happened, and you never told us."

Riley not only heard the change in Adam's voice to aggression, but also felt it. "Guys, hang on a sec-"

"I'm not hanging on for a second, we want answers. Why'd you do that."

"I'll tell you, but not right now, we've got other problems."

"We're not waiting any longer, you kept this from us for a year, and you're not delaying the truth."

"Guys, this is exactly what they want." Protector interrupted. "We've still got four villains to deal with at the moment, and this arguing is the least of our concerns. He can't afford to be torn apart."

"My rival is right. We still have things to finish." Glitch added on, before thinking to himself, "Lets see how well you guys work together, now you know the truth."

"Oh it's on. We'll deal with this later, Riley, but you four are going down." Said Cameryn. Before they could leap into action, Niamh held her back.

"Cameryn, wait. We didn't stand a chance against two of them, and now their numbers have doubled, while ours have only increased by one. We gotta retreat."

"You guys get to safety, I'll hold them off." Protector offered, stepping in front of them.

"I'll fight back to." Riley also spoke, moving next to Protector. "Besides, you guys probably don't want me around any more."

"Just you two to take on all four of us. And one of which stands no chance against even one of us." Evil laughed. "This'll be quick."

"You don't have to fight alongside me, Riley." Protector turned to him. "You can still catch up to the others. Even if they hate you, they'd still rather you be safe."

"No they wouldn't. Besides, if they know the truth no, there's no need to hide it any longer."

Riley held a rush of energy flow through him the power he so desperately tried to hold back now being let out to some degree. his rage began to build up, as did revenge for Evil destroying their home, Glitch bringing back memories that should've stayed forgotten, Enigma for helping them, and Rusty, most of all, for making his life Hell. "If this how they'll view me from now on, might as well use the powers that come with it."

"You believe you make people witness and feel Hell, but I give people the full experience."

It was complete silence inside the make-shift hideout inside the large island. Adam, Zachary, Kaedan, Jester, Niamh, Hannah and Cameryn managed to get away like Protector told them to, and through Hannah's powers managed to hollow out the island.