Chapter 12 - A Colourful World

Zachary awoke on the ground, looking into the daylight. Pulling himself off the ground, he looked around the empty streets of the Ruined Village markets, an unusual sight as the sun was in sight. 

But that wasn't his main problem. The problem was, where the hell he was. He and the rest of his friends were ambushed by Evil and his forces a moment ago, and now he seemed to be at home. And if he was separated from the rest, where would they be?

Zachary began to head towards Central Kennedy, knowing there was a vantage point he could try and see any of his friends, or they see him. And he needed to do so before the moon took over from the sun. His legs raced faster than ever, carrying him all the way to the top of the cliff that overlooked the whole island.

As he reached the top, he noticed someone else was already, looking into the distant. Knowing that he could be in another world, and this could one of the inhabitants, he hid behind a boulder large enough for him to duck behind until he could confirm who it was. The person let out some sort of sigh as she turned around and began to walk down the cliff, and Zachary recognised who it was.

"Niamh, you're alright!" He yelled, coming out from behind the boulder.

"Zachary! I thought I was the only one here."

"No one else is here?"

"I tried looking from atop the cliff, but I couldn't see anyone. I'm guessing that was your plan."

"Yeah, that was what I was gonna try and do. But even if we can't see anyone from here, that doesn't mean they're still out there."

"You got that right, and I can say that everyone who landed in this world is together now." Spoke a voice from behind, being recognised as Protector's.

"You're here too, and how do you know that we're the only people here?" Niamh asked.

"I used the wrist bands I gave you guys to confirm that you two are the only ones who are in this world. I cannot detect where everyone else is, as I need to be outside a world to scan into others. I can say that they should be in a neighbouring world. So we need to get out of here and find the rest of them. And to do so, we need to find a machine located in this world's lab."

"It does help that it's almost night, since I assume we don't want to be spotted."

"Slight problem. We're in the Neon World, and it is currently the early morning, right when everyone should be beginning to get up. Basically when it's dark outside for them, it's day time, for reasons we're about to see."

One by one, the neon lights flicked on around the entire island as the sun sunk into the sea. Some habitants of the island walked out of their homes to begin the day, all dressed in dark coloured clothes so the neon light they wore could stand out much more. Even everyone's hair was a darker variant of their Origin World counterpart's hair. Even the blonde hair somehow managed to be more darker.

"All these flashing lights are gonna give me a seizure and make me blind." Zachary complained, trying to shield his eyes from the lights. "And we're supposed to get out of here."

"Don't worry, wear these glasses. They should reduce the light from the lights." Protector, said, passing both Zachary and Niamh a pair of glasses. "Code made them for anyone who enters this world regularly as unlike him and everyone in this world, we aren't adapted to the light. And don't worry about being sneaky. I know some people who can help since I do visit this world frequently due to how much Glitch tries to destroy this world. I'm guessing he hates it."

Protector began to descend the cliff, with Niamh and Zachary following close behind. They entered the relatively quiet street of Central Kennedy, where very few people were up and about. But it didn't them from giving weird looks at the slightly more vibrantly coloured and lightless trio walking down the street, looking out of place. Both Zachary and Niamh attempted to draw less attention to themselves, whereas Protector ignored the looks and whispering, continue down the path till he spotted his location.