𝐼𝐼 | 𝒱𝐼𝒞𝒯𝒪𝑅𝐼𝒜

"Try this," said Linda Barnes, pointing to a dark blue cashmere sweater as she and the girls spent the afternoon shopping at Harrods

"Try this," said Linda Barnes, pointing to a dark blue cashmere sweater as she and the girls spent the afternoon shopping at Harrods. They were captivated by the winter collection and impulsively dove into a spree of extravagant purchases.

Victoria scowled at an article in the latest Vogue print. Today, she unusually didn't suffer from shopping fever, annoyed at how everyone groveled to this pseudo-queen. She thought that Rain's father's scandal would trigger a domino effect – Noah would dump her, all her friends would turn away, and finally, nothing would stand in Victoria's way. It was just a matter of time before she tumbled from social heights, so why all this charade? But for now, there was no sign that it would happen in the near future. Her rival continued to carry herself in the school corridors as if she owned the place.

Raine disappeared behind a satin curtain in the fitting room and tried on the chosen model. "Not bad," she evaluated, admiring herself in the large mirror. "It will perfectly match that leather skirt. What do you think?" She dramatically pulled aside the cream curtain, striking a model-like pose.

"It looks great," they all agreed, but Victoria remained silent. She reluctantly tore her eyes away from the magazine, giving Raine a critical look.

"In my opinion, that sweater looks hideous," Victoria said with affected disdain, returning to the interview with Gigi Hadid.

Linda and Dianne momentarily lost their speech, anticipating a verbal duel. Raine Sinclair versus Victoria Rey – eternal rivals veiling their animosity under the guise of superficial friendship.

Victoria sensed that Raine was close to spewing lava and ashes. With one eruption, she could turn the space in front of the fitting rooms into Pompeii. All of this could afford old Raine. The new Raine, whose father was probably getting used to the orange prison uniform, remained eerily silent until her mouth stretched into an unnatural smile.

"I understand you have a somewhat... well, let's say, different taste. And that's precisely why I want to entrust you with an important task," she said mysteriously. Victoria raised an eyebrow in surprise. "I need some sexy lingerie for Saturday night, so I'll appreciate your rich experience."

The girls held their breath, eagerly listening. The veiled insult aimed at Victoria was irrelevant at this moment. Did it mean that the virgin queen was planning to sleep with Noah Rothstein?

"I hope you've finally decided to spread your legs!" Victoria exclaimed. The flame of rebellion in her slightly dimmed, replaced by complete amazement. Sparks flew in the past between her and Noah, until Raine intervened. She wondered why he hadn't cut ties with her yet, given her old-fashioned virgin behaviour. She remembered he could be very, very passionate.

"I would call it a natural stage in a loving relationship," Raine clarified nonchalantly.

Victoria closed Vogue and leaped to her feet. "I saw a perfect burgundy set at Victoria's Secret last time. We should definitely go there first," she said as sweetly as possible. If Raine wanted to give up her innocence, she would undoubtedly help her. She had no doubt that once Noah got what he wanted, it wouldn't take long for him to discard his girlfriend just as she discarded last season's clothing. And then... she would do everything to ensure the Westminster crown ended up on her head.

After nearly two hours of criticizing luxury lingerie, Raine had a dozen shopping bags sent from Harrods and invited the girls for tea and a glass of champagne at The Palm Court in the Ritz hotel. It was their favourite tradition after a shopping spree, started back in the tenth grade. Only members of the Westminster elite attended, and Raine, as the queen, always footing the bill. Victoria couldn't resist a malicious remark in her mind, wondering if all the money she spent that day on clothes and drinks wasn't obtained through financial fraud. She would bet it was.

In the gilded salon styled after Louis XVI, they covered everything from their latest catches to school gossip, including passionate discussions about the hideous taste of classmate Jane West, the perversions of the local drug baron Alex Strand, or the sweat stains on Professor Higgins' suit. Somewhere around the third drink, they delved into Raine's romantic evening, which she planned for Noah in her empty apartment.

"I want it to be perfect. Scented candles, wine, petals of red and white roses, Lana del Rey in the background..."

"Isn't it a bit sentimental?" Dianne chuckled as Victoria almost spit out her sip of Baron de Rothschild champagne.

"Sentimental is believing that Alex Strand will call you after your first time," Raine chilled her, and Dianne fell silent. They all knew how he had taken advantage of her a year ago and then pretended that nothing had happened between them.

"Sorry, but Lana got me," Victoria laughed and set down her glass.

"All right, maybe it's a bit sentimental," she finally admitted. "But you know, who can say they've experienced it like this nowadays?"

"I certainly haven't," Linda replied. "Jay and I did it for the first time in a car. It was quick and boring. The second time was just boring."

"I enjoyed my first time," Victoria said with a smug smile.

"Yes, we all heard about it," Raine stated with a disdainful tone. The mysterious guy, probably from Eton, who seduced Victoria at one of Alex's parties, was the most public secret at Westminster. "Do you even know his name?"

"No," she replied, and to prevent further awkward questions, she finished her drink. At that moment, she hated Raine even more. She knew Raine could easily retaliate by bringing up her father's financial frauds, but she decided to be patient. What would be the point when the timed bomb of a scandalous trial was rapidly approaching?"

🅣🅗🅔 🅒🅡🅞🅦🅝