3 A Proposal

Chahat's POV The present

Chahat's POV
The present

Two days after the Charity Gala, I told Ares about my decision regarding children. He tried to convince me just this once that we can adopt if it's child birth I am scared of. After a week, he asked to meet me where he told me how sincerely sorry he is and that he is okay with a loveless marriage but if there is one thing he wants is kids. He can't give up on his desire to have children to be with me. So we mutually agreed to call it off. I returned his ring immediately. The weight of it was too heavy to carry all these weeks.

When I told Gramps, he beamed at me like a kid. It's been a month and I am scrambling to save this company that my great grandfather started. Without Ariti Group's merger, we will have to let seventy percent of our staff go in three months and eventually declare bankruptcy.

Twenty seven thousand employees work for Rai group in India and Canada, taking away their livelihood feels like a sabotage that I orchestrated.

Since the run in with him, he's been sabotaging our projects that are in the pipeline and the new ones that I am looking forward to, he's been bagging them even before I have a chance to present or bid for them.

I park my car outside Gramp's house and walk in only to halt in the doorway to the living room.

He's here. Sitting in my grandfather's living room like he owns the place. Honestly he does. Harvey Falcon, the Don of Toronto owns this city. His power emitting from his muscular form. His raven hair grown out than it used to, his hazel eyes lit with fury, his eyes were always his tell. One look into his eyes and you know what's going on inside that pretty mind of his. His jaw set hard as he tries to keep his anger contained. He's wearing a black dress shirt and pants that does nothing to hide the peeking ink on his body. So many tattoos and I haven't even seen one. His shoulders are hunched telling me he is equally uncomfortable being here. Good. At least there's something bothering him. After the shit show he pulled at the Estella property deal by jacking it off before I even got a chance to meet the owner, it pleases me to see him uncomfortable.

"Chahat" Grandma El' voice pulls me out of my head and I walk into the living room offering her a smile. She looks at me like no time has passed between us. Her smile genuine and her eyes warm.

"Come here sweet girl. It's been years since I saw you." She grabs me by my shoulders, her gaze soft and endearing. I am totally aware of the furious gaze on my right but like always I try to ignore him.

The one skill I learned over the last eleven years was to master the skill of ignoring him. I ran away like a coward. I hoped I never had to return back here to see the hatred in his eyes but in the last few years the feeling became mutual and it was less difficult to go on with life.