(𝟔) 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧!

serenity's pov

two weeks later...

these past few days have been going well. tahj has been making us feel at home. the only bad thing about this whole situation is the fact i am a target. my life won't be the same again.

my phone starts ringing jolting me out of my thoughts. i pick it up and read, tahj. i press the green accept button.

"hey serenity" he says.

"hi tahj," i say with a smile.

"i'm onna way home, whatchu want ta eat?"

"i'm so glad you asked, i've been craving mcdonald's." 

please say yes, please say yes.

"aight, mcdonald's it is. mi be there in about 30 minutes."

"can i get a 10-piece meal and hi-c punch. ooh, don't forget the sweet and sour sauce please! thank you tahj."

"got it, aight mi see you inna bit." he says in his raspy light accent.

———

i hear the door open, "honey, i'm home!"

i walk downstairs rolling my eyes, "boy bye."

he laughs and walks to the kitchen as i follow him. he places the food in the front of me and i open the bag to get my food.

"where's baby boy?" he asks while putting his straw in the drink.

"he's upstairs sleeping on the bed. he loves his sleep," i giggle.

"imma buy him a crib and some more stuff like that. i'm sorry so late, i've been busier than usual." he looks up at me.

"you really don't have to do that. my parents always send mon-"

"i want to and you not gone change my mind," he says cutting me off.

"you're so sweet tahj," i look at him genuinely.

"you can call me tj if you want, that's what i'm really used to."

"well alright, i'll take that into consideration. i don't know though, i wanna be the one that's different than the other."

"oh you most definitely are different." 

i look into his eyes, "what do you mean?"

he looks at me embarrassed, "did i just say that out loud? mi meant that in a good way mama."

i smile. 

i hesitate before talking not knowing what he's going to say.

"sooo, i've been thinking, what if we dona movie night tonight?" 

he looks up at me with raised eyebrows, "yea, that should be fun." 

"yay!" 

i say this is a mission successful! 

———

𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐯 

"boy shut up," serenity rolls her eyes at tahj.

they were both enjoying their movie together. it was something they needed to get their mind off of everything.

"you know i'm right. kanye is better than jay-z. mi stand on that now and forever." he laughs at her pouty face.

the laughing died down and there was a silence, but a comfortable silence. tahj looks over at serenity while she was focused on "Rio 2".

she felt his eyes on her, so she faced him to make eye contact. she smiled at him as she blushed.

"whattt?" she asks playfully.

he takes a deep breath. hoping serenity would react nicely to this.

"you're so pretty serenity, i can't help but stare."

"o-oh thank y-you," she stammers.

serenity took in his words deeply. she hadn't gotten a compliment in a while. she loved how he said it.

tahj looked at her lips and move in closer and so did she. they got closer and closer until their lips touched. he cupped her chin while their mouths danced. the kiss was passionate. the energy was electric.

serenity broke the kiss, "t-tahj, i can't do this." serenity looked at him with guilty eyes. 

he was confused.

"uh right, my fault. i read the energy wrong." he says in an almost mumble.

"y-you didn't... it's just... i just really don't know you like that. and i don't want to get hurt again."

"i understand, imma clean this up and go ta bed."

"tahj, i-"

"you don't have to explain." he says to serenity while getting up.

he got up and collected their trash. then walked up stairs to his room. serenity followed a few minutes after. completing her routine and then going to bed.

tahj dialed jayce's number and waited while it rung.

jayce answered, "you gotta stop calling me so late dawg. i'm too fine to be woken up so early." 

"i need your help again." tahj said urgently.

jayce heard the urgency in his voice, "whatchu need?"

"i want you to tell errbody about a guy named marcus smith."

jayce wrote his name down. "got it but why?"

"i want him dead."

3/3/24