(𝟏𝟑) 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐭

serenity's pov 

i woke up and checked the time, 12:23 p.m. i stretched and looked over for tahj but he wasn't there, weird.

i then get up frantically to find jovani, but he was right next to me playing with his toys? i picked up my phone to check my notifications. i see that tahj and armani texted two hours ago. 

tahj- sorry, i left. i went to go get us some breakfast but i was called in. so i sent some food to the house for you and jovani. i also had an amazing time last night mama. how that song go? oh right, that shit got me bent, like when is we fucking again 😩.  LMFAO, lemme stop before u block me.

i smiled to myself. he's literally so sweet. i had the best time of my life last night. they way he made love to me was just so yes. i also love me some kyle richh.

i check armani's text.

armani- hey ma, it's been a while. you tryna link up?

i sighed to myself. i had now realized i was stuck in a 'love triangle'. i honestly really liked them both. but i obviously like tahj more, i just gave him my body.

i rubbed my temple as i processed my thoughts. they were interrupted by a knock on the door. i sighed and put on a robe thinking it was the food delivery.

i walk downstairs and open it, "thank you for th-"

"well who do we have here tahj?" an older woman spoke. i looked at tahj who had an 'i'm sorry' face, then back at the older woman.

"uh, hello! um, sorry i'm not properly dressed, i just woke up." i smile, embarrassed.

they both walk in and i back up. the woman sat down on the couch as tahj pulled me into the kitchen.

"i am so sorry, she really caught me off guard. she's mi mama and she  called and asked to come over." he says while whispering.

"oh um it's okay, i just wished i was dressed correctly." i say half smiling.

"how do you feel about me telling her you're my girlfriend? uh, they don't know that i'm a hit man.." he tells me.

"WHA-... what?! why haven't you told them?" i ask.

"it's.. it's complicated for right now. i gotta wait for the right time." he says rubbing through his dreads.

"uh well, alright. but we need to talk afterwards." i say.

he nods, "tahj, mi baby. weh are you? mi hear a baby cryin'." his mother says from the living room.

i look at him as he does to me. 

"you want me to tell her it's mine?" i ask.

"yea, i'm pretty sure she wouldn't mind." he says as i follow him into the living room.

"uh, yea its mines." i say shyly.

"oh... yuh did marry before?" she asks me with a curious look on my face.

"no ma'am," i say, embarrassed.

my parents did teach me to wait for marriage, but when things happen, babies happen.

"come, sit sit." she says, patting the couch seat next to her.

i smile and sit down next to her.

"what's your name and how old are you?" she asks curiously.

------

tahj came back downstairs from tending to jovani as me and mrs. amancia laugh together at the joke she told about a young tahj.

"him did definitely a troublemaker, but that's mi little baby." she says while grabbing his cheek.

he looked at us with an annoyed look. 

"mom, can you please stop wit da embarrassing stories. ITS EMBARRASSING??" he looks at his mom with a sad face.

they really resembled each other in a lot of ways. from their brown eyes, long hair, full eyebrows, and cocoa butter skin.

i was taken aback by her warmth of comfort. i honestly expected her to be disgusted by me. most people don't like the fact i'm a single mother and unmarried. but she got it, because she had tahj unmarried and young as well.

"so ma, are you staying to night?" he asks.

oh no no, mi hafta to guh back tuh yuh dad. mi really don't need him to set da house on fire."

with that, she gets up and hugs tahj then me. she held me longer and it's something i needed for a while actually. 

i smile as she let go, "yuh have a good one here tahj. do right by her."

"yes ma'am." he says and i laugh. 

he walks her out while i sit on the couch. 

"bye ma!" he says, then closes the door. he walks back around to the living room and sits beside me.

"after that, i really think i need to take you on a date." he says smirking.

i smile, "do you think she liked me?" i ask.

"honestly, yes. the way she lit up as yall talked shows it. and what she said before she left was the icing on the cake." he tells me then grabs my hand and rubs it.

"well, she wasn't wrong actually." i say

"whatchu mean?" 

"you do have a good one on your hands." i say brushing my shoulders.

he laughs, "i do, don't i?" he comes closer to my face and kisses me.

everytime our lips touched, it felt magical. like everything else didn't matter. and i loved the way it made me feel.

i stop and look into his eyes, "yes."

he looked at me confused.

"yes, i will go on a date with you." i say smiling.

"AYYYYYY" he says doing a little dance.

i laugh. what's the worse that can happen?

5/8/24