2. The Glimpses

The Next Day

The day once again started with Rahil and Azrin bickering as always. In the morning, he intentionally went to school at the same time as the previous day so that he would be able to see her. It was a half day on that day.

After the assembly, the students of the senior classes were called out to stay in the auditorium. Nehaal was the person who was sulking knowing very well the principal would rant about the senior etiquettes as he did every year, and Rahil was the most happiest person alive on Earth because this year it was Saniya's class with them and he remembered the previous year's gathering was with his seniors.

Everyone entered the Auditorium and settled on the seats, Rahil sat there scanning the students of 11th standard, searching for Saniya in the crowd.

"Abhi agar koi Science ka exhibition ya lecture hota na science stream wale students bhaage bhaage aate jaisa yaha koi marathon chal raha hai, kitaabi keede kahin ke." Nehaal muttered. ('Now if there was a science exhibition or lecture, the science students will come running as if a marathon is going on here, book worms.')

"Chup kar!" Rahil snapped, still scanning the crowd.                                                                                             ('Shut up!')

"Karwaale mujhe bhi chup, jis kitaabi keede ke pyaar me tu pada hai na vo kisi din daaman saanp ki tarah tere palle pad jaayegi." He said.                                                                                            ('Make me shut up, the bookworm with whom you have fallen in love will wrap around you like a snake some day.')

"Tu fikar na kar, mera isse paala pad gaya na to mai teri love life bhi successful kara dunga." Rahil Winked at him.                                                                                                                                                               ('You don't worry, once I am with her I will make your love life successful as well.')

"Konsi love life?" Nehaal questioned.                                                                                                            ('Which love life?')

"Mehrish and Nehaal." Rahil replied, forming a heart with his hand.

"Mujhe lag raha hai tera dimaagi santulan hil gaya hai, Saniya ke baare me soch soch kar." Nehaal said.                                                                                                                                                                           ('I feel that your mental balance has been shaken beacause of thinking about Saniya.')

"Mujhe to sirf tum dono ka pyaara future nazar aa raha hai." Rahil replied ignoring his previous statement.                                                                                                                                                                              ('I can only see both of your beautiful future.')

"Therapist ke paas jaana chahiye tujhe." Nehaal once again tried to say.                                           ('You should go to a therapist.')

"Kya gazab ka trope hoga na, Enemies to Lovers." Rahil dreamily replied.                                     ('What a wonderful trope it will be, Enemies to Lovers.')

"Beta agar tujhe Lover to Stranger nahi banna hai na to chup karke baith ja." Nehaal threatened him.                                                                                                                                                                                   ('Son, if you don't want to become a Lover to Stranger, then sit quietly.')