Chapter 4

Onyx's POV
"How come she gets to fucking stay home?!"

"Your sister is in extreme pain. She can't get out of bed. You're able to move. You're going."

"I have cramps too!"

"It is 6 am. Stop yelling."

I texted Felix to tell him, I was staying home. I felt like telling him why. I already knew, Ava was going to complain about me staying home.

                                    Buckley's POV
"It's bullshit! She gets to stay home. I'm in pain too."

"Your pain is different than hers. She's physically not able to move. You're walking just fine."

"Why do you always defend her?"

"I don't like when you treat her like shit. She never does anything to deserve it."

Ava rolled her eyes.

"Oh c'mon Buck."

I hate when people talk shit about Onyx. She never deserves that. I especially get pissed off when Ava is the one who talks shit.

That's her sister.

Her innocent baby sister.

It's hard to ignore Ava whenever she complains about literally anything. It's all she talks about for a long ass time.

I'm tired of hearing her complain about her period once every goddamn month. I'd rather listen to my younger sister complain about her period.

She's not as annoying as Ava when it comes to that. After school, the three of us headed to the store. Ava was pissed since she had to pick up one of Onyx's prescriptions.

"I should really just dump these out. She doesn't need them."

She went to open the plastic shopping bag but I snatched it outta her hands.

"Your sister needs her daily meds. Do you seriously want her to kill herself?"

"I mean..."

Me and Bradley started staring at her.

"T-that's your fucking sister."

"Your point? She's so annoying."

Don't say shit.

Don't say shit.

Don't say shit Buckley.

I was doing everything, I could to hold in how, I feel about Ava.

She's a fucking spoiled brat!

My brother is wrapped around all of her fucking fingers!!

I got some snacks and soda. I lied and said everything was for me. It was actually for Onyx. I already knew everything she'd want.

We walked up to the front door and Ava unlocked it. We walked inside and she closed then locked the front door.

I walked up to Onyx's room. I saw her in her bed and she was reading a book.

"Nyxy?"

She put her bookmark in then closed her book.

"Hey Buck."

"How do you feel?"

"I'm a bit better."

"I got you some things."

I gave her the plastic shopping bags. She opened them and started pulling everything out.

"T-thank you. I've been wanting these all day. I just couldn't move."

I already knew that she had to hide everything. Ava always steals her period snacks and drinks. That pisses me off.

ESPECIALLY when I know that Onyx needs them more.

Ava walked into Onyx's room.

"Nyxy? Can you do my homework for me again?"

"No. She can't."

"Huh?"

I stood up and walked over to Ava.

"I'm tired of you taking advantage of Onyx."

"I'm not taking advantage of her!"

"Yes. You kinda are."