Chapter 24

Onyx's POV
"Your daddy's been gone for almost 2 hours. I hope he didn't get lost or locked out. That would not be good."

My hospital room door opened and Buckley walked in. He looked much better.

"There you are! I was starting to get a bit worried."

"My bad. I ended up outside. I talked to a doctor then accidentally fell asleep on the bench."

"Of course you did. Do you feel better?"

"Yeah. Talking to that doctor helped a bit."

He sat down next to me and started talking about his conversation with Dr. Connors.

"Wow. That's why you were gone for 2 hours?"

"I was gone for 2 hours?"

"Yeah. I was starting to think you got lost or someone locked you out somewhere."

He started rubbing the back of his neck.

"My neck is killing me now. Goddamn...."

"Out of all places to fall asleep, why the hell did you pick a bench?"

"I didn't mean to fall asleep Nyx. It just happened."

"Please don't do that again though. Someone could've easily kidnapped you. I don't know what, I'd do if you disappeared. I would never stop looking for you."

He put his hand on my leg.

"Nothing happened to me. You can't get rid of me that easily."

"Get rid of you? Who said I'm trying to get rid of you?"

He shrugged then picked up one of Rosemary's hands. She wrapped her hand around his ring finger.

"How're things here?"

"Good. I'm just trying to get them to fall back asleep. I actually think, Rose wants you."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Look at how, she's looking at you."

He took her out of my arms. He laid down next to me and put her on his chest.