chapter 1: old friends

After the Hour of Joy, Catnap grew very fond of the Prototype, Catnap walked around and killed everything that moved. But the Prototype told Catnap to tie up Dogday since Dogday was going against the Prototype and killing.

Catnap was hesitant but followed orders and tied up Dogday in the Playground area. When Dogday kept fighting back and kicking and screaming at Catnap, all it took was a small push, the Prototype just said, "Punish him and shut him up." And Catnap snapped.

Dogdays legs were torn off as a warning, and that shut him up and made him terrified of Catnap. Catnap grew crazy for blood and the Prototype knew that, so he had Catnap slowly kill off the other critters and they knew, they tried to hide from catnap, but in his domain, they were found and killed.

After months, Catnap grew more bloodthirsty and wanted to kill more, but their was nothing left to kill, Dogday wasn't allowed to die due to the Prototype not telling him to kill him yet.

It had been a few years since then. Catnap was walking around his territory, breaking a few things every now and then. But then he saw he was in the Playhouse. Due to the fact that he was bored he went to go visit Dogday, something he hasn't done in years.

When he opened the door he hear the breathing stop, which ment Dogday was holding his breath but then a voice came, "Who's there?"

Catnap found it cute that he tries to hold his ground when he was legless and chained up, but he only knew that due to the fact that he put him up there. When Catnap walked into view, Dogday groaned.

"Did the Prototype send you down here to kill me?" Dogday said in a snappy voice. Catnap got closer to Dogday's face and whispered, "No~ not yet at least~" Catnap backed up and sat down near him while Dogday let out a sigh.

"T-then, what are you doing here?" Dogday said after a bit, and looked towards Catnap, who sighed this time. "I was in the area. I was bored so I thought I'd be bored with you."

Catnap replied and Dogday knew he was telling the truth just by his tone of voice. When Dogday was human he had that gift. He didn't want to be dragged into this as he was just a teen who was looking for a job. Catnap was a kid here but trusted the wrong side through lies.

Dogday seemed like he wanted to say something but didn't know how to say it. "Spit it out." Catnap said after a bit and Dogday was shocked but spoke after a little while.

"I'm sorry." Dogday said after a bit. Catnap looked at him confused. "Uhh for what? Cause last time I checked you did nothing wrong you just tried to survive?" Catnap was genuinely confused he didn't know who Dogday was when he was alive.

"I'm sorry. If I had known than I probably could have saved many life's. But I was just a stupid teenager who wanted to do anything just to get a paycheck to help my mom who is probably dead now due to the lack of medication." If they were able to cry then they both knew Dogday would be crying right now.

Catnap was shocked as he looked at Dogday. "Wait. YOU WERE AN EMPLOYEE?!" Catnap got up and stood right in front of Dogday while he let out what sounded like a growl, Catnap was not happy. Dogday on the other hand was shocked by the reaction. "Y-you didn't know? i-i thought you knew..." Catnap was about to disregard Prototypes instructions and hurt if not kill Dogday.

Dogday knew if he didn't speak up he'd die, again. "I was a teenager. i was only 15 at the time. My mother fell ill and i couldn't help get her medicine as we were broke as it was. So i went looking for a job, Playtime co was my last option. No other place would hire me to work since i was 5 months too young. after 2 months of working i got a letter saying to come in on a day they were closed, i wasn't sure why when they were closed at the time. but i should have just stayed home with my mom and sister.... When i went in i was told I'd be getting a promotion since i was on top of my work and others as well. all i had to do was sign a contract to ensure 'safety' of myself and others."

Dogday looked down at the ground in-between him and Catnap. "I signed it. i still don't know what i actually signed, but... i walked out of the room and i bumped into someone wearing a lab coat. i tried to apologize but i felt a sharp pain in my neck, i looked back to see another lap person. and after a sec it all went black.... i woke up strapped to a table... and they spoke words but i couldn't hear them, my head was too fuzzy. i remember feeling a ton of pain but no sounds came out of my mouth and i passed out.. next thing i knew i was in this exact cage, 2 lab people were watching me as i slowly woke up, my body felt numb for days so i couldn't really move or fight back, and i realized if i obeyed them then i wouldn't get as hurt. so i listened, i was played the card of their pet dog."

He looked up to met Catnaps eyes, "but when i met you, i found it funny that you tried to fight back, it was always funny until you got yourself hurt, then i felt bad. but i was told to not interact with you as they didn't want you to rub off onto me. I listened, but i found the only time i could talk to you was with the kids, but you didn't interact with them so that's when i showed up and-"

Dogday got interrupted by Catnap, "you introduced yourself and made small hints to fight back less to help me... and i listened and it worked. i stopped getting tased... But i remember hearing you whimper in your cell and cry out in pain that day... what happened?" Dogday looked down a little.

"i disobeyed. they told me to never talk to you, i didn't listen so the beat me for it.... after that time they moved my cell, and every time i talked to you and hung out with you they would beat me for it. it was the only order i disobeyed from them. and i was tortured for it. But i didn't care as i finally had someone who knew the pain i was going through. You were my only friend. I didn't care for the other critters as they were too far gone for me. you on the other hand were the only one i was free around."

Catnap's eyes widened. "w-what..." He was starting to put things together and he felt bad for the dog in front of him. So he brought out his claws and cut off the chains. "i remember everything now. and i remember where i put your legs." He grabbed Dogday and put him on his back as the made their was to fix him up.

Word count: 1231 words

TBC....

Hey pups! So this is the first chapter! im taking a break from Dsmp stuff, as i dont want to be in that drama, so i hope yall dont mind Poppy playtime! i have everything planned out, but if yall suggest a good side story then i might be able to write a mini side chapter on it! so leave some ideas! -Flame