Chapter 3: Learning more

Catnap sat in thought for a while, "Catnap?" Dogday asked, looking a little concerned for him. Catnap didn't say anything but grabbed Dogdays hand and lead him to the office in the PlayCare. "Cat? Where are you taking me?" Dogday was confused but then catnap opened the door and took him towards the back of the rooms.

"You'll see..." is all Catnap said. And it left dogday more confused, but then Catnap opened a door to a file room. "What is this?" Dogday asked.

"We need to learn more about Player." Catnap replied in a serious tone. Dogday entered the room and looked around at all the filing cabinets. "So...? Why do we need to learn more about them?" Dogday turned to Catnap.

"Something wasn't adding up. Plus I doubt their name is Player. So we need to do some research on him." Catnap replied as he went over to a filing cabinet and opened it and grabbed a bunch before going to sit in the middle of the room.

"Hey, wanna read the interesting files aloud?" Dogday suggested as he grabbed a ton and sat down next to Catnap. "Sure" And they began reading, they realized these files were of the children really quickly but they didn't mind they wanted to read them.

"hey listen to this kid," Catnap said as he chuckled. Dogday looked over. "Sarah Magge, age 4, Today when this girl came in she started to cause issues. This 4 year old broke 3 of the game for the kids and pranks 17 of the staff in less then 2 hours. This girl is too smart, So we sent her to another orphanage as we couldn't monitor the kids due to her disturbances." Catnap read aloud. Dogday busted out laughing, "wow on her first day too! Props to that girl there!" He said as he looked at the next file. "hey look she has a brother! lets see what his is!"

"James Magge, age 7, while his sister was a mess, he was no better. he was beating up the kids his age and if someone grabbed him or tried to pull him away we would get punched in the balls. hurt a lot. currently writing this on the floor, in pain. we have sent him away with his sister." Both Dogday and Catnap were laughing a lot, "they so deserved that!" Catnap said in-between laughing.

After a bit they calmed down and when on to read more. it was calm and they had some good laughs about some of the kids. But Dogday got worried when he saw a blank folder with 1 paper on it. "Hey this one only has a name and a paper." Catnap was confused "what does it say?" "Gabriel Halls, Folder 92" Catnap froze at the name and stared at the folder. "what?" Dogday was getting worried for his friend. "That's... me..." Dogdays eyes widened in surprise "Your name was Gabriel Halls?" Catnap nodded slowly.

"what does 'folder 92' mean though?" Dogday asked as he looked as the folder in his hands. "experiment folder." Was what Catnap whispered. Dogday looked at him then put the folder more towards Catnap before grabbing another and not pushing for anything as he kept reading. Catnap was grateful for him and smiled before going back to reading the other files.

Soon they moved to another file room, they didnt find much in this room. As it was just the staff, they still looked around but nothing interesting found. so they got up and walked around the Playcare. "so do you know where the Experiment folders might be?" Dogday asked after a bit. "no i dont, but lets look near the Experiment rooms, we might find something there." Catnap said and slowly led dogday there.

"hey cat? um what do we do if we find out that player is an experiment?"

"we protect him. if he is, then he isnt finished and if anyone else is still alive then they might finish it."

"but what if we cant help him? what if its pointless?"

"we try, and thats all that matters."

"what about Poppy and the Prototype?"

"i- .... dont know... we will cross that bridge when we get there, ok?"

"fine... but this better not put him at more risk. ok? i dont want them to be in danger."

"i understand dog, but i.... no WE will protect him... i promise"

Dogday looked at him and smiled, "thanks..." Catnap nodded. and soon they found the room and started to read, they were sad that most experiments died. but then they found one they've never heard of. "hey have you heard of Experiment 390?" Catnap looked up and shook his head. "Odd because it says they didnt die but escaped. before the major changes but still proceeded to work here with no memories." Catnap looked shocked as he looked at him.

"what is their name?" Dogday flipped threw the pages and stopped on one. "Player! but wait... hold on.... i went to far ahead lets see..." He flipped back and saw a name "wait so his name is actually..."

wc: 136

Heyyyy pups!! sorry to do this to yall but CLIFFHANGER!! HAHAHAHA!!! Anywayssss i hope yall enjoyed this chapter! i wanted to get this out and leave yall guessing what Players name is! his name was already decided so i want yall to guess until the next chapter! and i will say he has an English first name but a foreign last name!!

or atleast tell me how yalls day is! and i hope yall are enjoying this story so far! Anywayss byeee pupss!! Ash/Flame out!