12 - Comfort and Secrets (REWRITE)

This chapter is brought to you by: @Alextheplush AND @LuciferTheFallen16 !!!

Quick A/N: I'd never say that there's a WRONG choice in this story, but y'all definitely picked the bad route in the previous chapters 😬

"I'll try my best to tell you what happened..." you reluctantly whisper. You felt Pomni's hands clasp onto yours as she spoke soft words of encouragement, telling you that you didn't have to push yourself if it ever became overwhelming. This was a pretty big deal, judging by how much Pomni hated physical contact with others. Either she really cared about you, or was extremely worried. Or perhaps both. 

"So, as you know... Jax said he wanted to talk to me... I had no idea what he wanted to talk to me about, which made it even stupider of me to follow him with nobody else around. I thought he was just mean, not a narcissist with murderous intent." Pomni gasped when you stated that last part so nonchalantly. 

"He... You're not saying he... he tried to..." She stuttered, at a loss for words as her face portrayed one of absolute bewilderment and petrifying fear. 

You tried to laugh to almost lighten the situation, but it came out as more of a sad pathetic chuckle. "Yeah..." 

"I'M BACK WITH THE MEDICINE!!" Ragatha yelled as she slammed the door open, quite obviously out of breath as she most likely ran all the way here. She handed a couple pain killers to you as well as a bottle of water. "Oh new stuff, you poor thing. Let me get you some tissues to wipe your tears off."

Pomni's hand shot up to cover her mouth, her eyes widening to unrealistic proportions which weren't exactly unnerving here as you were basically living in a cartoon. "JAX TRIED TO KILL YOU?!"

"WHAT?!" Ragatha also shouted, overhearing Pomni's scream (it'd be pretty hard not to.) Tissue in hand she ran over to your side. "You're kidding! There's no way that Jax- Why would he- That F- CLINK ING BASTARD!" Both you and Pomni were taken aback, most likely because y'all couldn't remember a previous time that Ragatha had sworn before. This was a really big deal.

"Oh, hon!" Ragatha began, before embracing you in a tight hug. It was almost funny how the two girls were polar opposites when it came to touch. Pomni avoided it at any and all costs, and Ragatha would grab you without a second thought. When Rag pulled away, you noticed both girls staring at you, their eyes pleading you to finish your story, though knowing how mentally draining that would be and perhaps even a tad bit triggering, due to how dramatic and traumatizing your "near-death experience" was. 

Noticing their morbid curiosity, you continued, "He brought me to this room that seemed infinite. No matter how far I walked I would never come any closer to a wall. He shut the door behind me leaving me in absolute darkness, wondering where the hell he was and what he wanted. Then he grabbed me. His hands wrapped around my own, holding my arms in a straining position as he kicked me down towards the ground. At first I was just confused and maybe a little bit nervous, until he... pulled out a blade and held it against my neck." At this point you could no longer hold back the tears that had become too familiar these past few hours, and you felt them rush down your cheeks. How were you still alive? And how did you escape?

Both listeners possessed the same questions, and it showed in their shocked demeanors. Pomni was frozen in place, too horrified to move, and every time she blinked tears would get a little closer to coming out of her wide eyes. Ragatha was unable to mutter a single word. All three of you knew Jax was a bit troubled, but THIS was on a whole different level.