Chapter 1: Consequences of Death

Third Person:

An approximately 180 cm (5'11") tall man with Reddish-Brown hair is seen walking a long dark passage. wearing a white lab coat that holds slightly above his knees.

"Man, nobody really comes to this thing huh" His shoes rattle on the floor as he stares bored at the ceiling. Finally he sees the light about 10 meters away and starts to walk a little slower.

"This is the second time this week that I've had to play baby sitter here, are there no other experiments here or have they all died already? "He finally arrives in a room with a large pane of glass, lots of control consoles and computers and another person.

"Ah... there you are Y/N you know, 1006 is literally waiting for you!"

"Great Tom.... Now open the door so we can get this over with."

"Yes yes I'll do it......"

A large steel door slowly slides upwards and Y/N has to wait a few more seconds before he can finally enter the room, but before he enters he turns to his co-worker and gives him a shout.

"A one ton heavy door was a great idea" he says loudly and with Irony

"Yes, ehm.... you know the rules"

"Yes, very important for dead experiments Tom" Y/N replies quickly with sarcasm.

But without talking much further Y/N enters the Dark Room to take the game to the next level.

Y/N Pov:

I enter the Dark Room... Well, there is a light here, but it hangs a bit further away from the entrance. In the center is an old wizened wooden table with a pair of black boxes on top. I don't need to turn around because I know he's already noticed me and is already watching me.

"You've lost the last few rounds... so move to the table and finally accept your defeat"

"I'm not losing......... I am learning"

I don't need to answer because it isnt necessary anyway. At the table, I push out a small chair and finally sit down, take the black box that's on top, look at it briefly and see the blood red number "1" written on it.

"connect four" I hear from the dark half of the room in front of me.

I open the box and take out the table-like blue plastic game board, at the same time I watch from the corner of my eye as a long metal arm slowly pulls itself out of the darkness.

It never fully reveals itself, and I'm glad of that, because it may be my smartest creation, but it's far from the best looking.

"Red" is all it says as it pulls itself onto the chair and then stops moving. I slowly pass the red chips to the other end of the table so that only the yellow ones are left on my side.

"One round and that's it for today..." I say slowly to myself in a whisper. Not out of fear, but because I don't want to sit here in the dark and play mind games against a metal arm.

"I... start" And he's doing it again: copying voices, he can only do it because Elliot thought it was necessary to build him a special voice box. I just don't understand his fascination with this thing. But it doesn't matter, I'll win this quickly so I can move on... It's not the only experiment down here.

He places one of his chips in the bottom center. I already know what he's up to, a booby trap, the moment I concentrate on putting this chip in he'll connect on top. *Pathetic