Chapter 5: Go

Y/N Pov:

Playcare, it's Weird when I think about all this. The real reason Harley gave back then, was that toys should be more than just the stuffed animal lying around waiting to be used. They were supposed to be alive... No... They were supposed to be mindless slaves and do what they were told. That was the original reason. Hah, and I went along with it too... when did I fall so low? Turning little kids into mindless monsters in cloth and plastic, and for what? For fucking nothing.

The elevator doors open with a long, loud squeak, I don't even let them open all the way and push myself straight out. 'I'm running out of time'. I have to save the most important ones, the Smilling Critters. I owe it to them. But what if they don't want to come with me? I have to quickly... Damn quick to gain their trust. If I can't do that I'll just pull the CatNap card, if they knew I kept CatNap secret and alive the whole time, they'd have to trust me, wouldn't they? Anyway, I have to convince DogDay and as the leader of the group he will convince everyone else, and if not then... I can't help them either.

I'm deep in thought and walking fast through the caverns, I never want to come back here. I hope so, at least If there's something like a riot, all the scientists will die first, then the normal employees will be affected too... And there's nothing I can do about it. And then I see the yellow door with the inscription "MAIN HUB" again. I slowly raise my hand, still in thought, and open it. Now I realize it for the first time, my body is warm... Much warmer than usual. Could it be... that I'm excited? No..Or?

I'm back under the Playcare statue, the room is as dirty as it was two hours ago. All the batteries lying around, all the connections. And all this just to give the children the feeling that they are free in this fake freedom. But in truth, nobody is free... Not even me. That reminds me of something I once said to Harley about Playcare...

"If home is where the heart is, where do you go when you don't have a heart?"

I slowly climb the dirty stairs and open the rusty door. The artificial light shines in my face and the thick air hits my stomach. I step slowly onto the grass and look around... And finally something good. Bubba Bubbaphant is sitting in the grass with Craftycorn and the two of them are talking. Driven by instinct...no, driven by my pure life instinct in this hell, my legs move over to them. They are lying under one of the 'trees'. I can already see Bubba lifting his head and looking in my direction, 'He's probably going to ask me something again'. I stand noiselessly in front of them, expecting one of them to start the conversation and then quickly ask about DogDay.

"Hey you're back here Y/N, is something going on?" I don't think Bubba would understand the whole thing down here anyway, even if I packed it small.

"Where's DogDay?" I don't say any more, they both look at me in shock. But that's a good thing, they have to understand how serious the situation is, and we don't have much time.

"So he's still with the kids right now...In Home Sweet Home"

"Get him here...please" Wait what? Did I just say please? Now I have this weird aftertaste on my tongue...like I just ate something rotten.

Bubba and Crafty look at me too and probably can't believe it. I don't know if I'm doing it on purpose, but I grimace a little.

"It's really important..."