Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Ch 9: Side Effects

Cassandra

Luce stares at me after my bold request, and if every cell in my body wasn't alight with desire, I might have been mortified by my sheer audacity. But there is no time for embarrassment or modesty—I might lose my mind if I don't get off soon.

I've never experienced anything like this before. Whatever happened when Luce skimmed me must have set off some strange angelic chemical reaction and it's caused my decidedly human body to go haywire.

When he still doesn't respond, I swallow back any last shreds of shyness. "Luce? Will you help?"

"Not sure that's wise." Even as he talks, his hand on the bed is moving closer to me. "What if I skim too much? That's a lot of physical contact."

"Can't be worse than this."

He shakes his head. Stubborn ass. Grinding my teeth together, I grab his hand. The desire flares up and the warm sensation of his skin on mine focuses my mind a fraction.

"You got me into this state." I hold him a little tighter. "You have to fix it."

The way his gaze travels down my form, resting a moment on the shadow of my nipples behind the lace camisole, makes me shiver. When his teeth tug on his lower lip, I swallow a whimper, the sight too sexy for my current state.

"Okay." His agreement is little more than a hoarse whisper.

Scooting back, he leans against the upholstered headboard and beckons me over with a finger. I quickly follow, and he gathers me up in his lap until I straddle his thighs. He wraps his fingers in my hair and coils it around his hand at the back of my neck. His other hand rests gently on my chest just above my heart. Can he feel the frantic beating against his palm?

My tongue darts out to wet my lips as my pulse quickens and my breath halts. Having him this close but not doing anything yet sets my nerves aflame. It's as if my body is attuned to his. There's a thin thread binding us together, drawing me towards him, and without thinking I lean in, desperate to feel his mouth against mine. His grip on my hair stops me a mere inch apart, our breaths mingling.

"We can't." The hand holding me back tightens slightly. "I will help you, but this can't be any more than that."

Disappointment is quickly drowned out by the sea of desire that won't abate. So what if he doesn't want to kiss me? Right now, that's the least of my problems.

"Fine with me."

With a tug, he tilts my head back, baring my throat to his mouth. When he drags his tongue over the pulse on my neck, I moan as my desire flares. The hand on my chest strokes downward until he can cup my breast.

Heat radiates from his palm, spreading through my body to pool between my legs. I can't take much more, I'm so sensitive to his touch. Dipping his head, he grazes my nipple through my camisole, and my breath hitches. I desperately want to feel his mouth on my skin, but he keeps the fabric between us as a barrier even as he licks the now damp lace.

How is he able to keep such a cool head when I'm about to combust?

I bite my lower lip to stay silent as Luce continues licking and nipping at me through the thin cloth, first on one breast, then the other. The familiar hum of pleasure that I associate with his touch is less of a hum and more of a crescendo - my mind is blank other than the need for Luce and his touch.

His hand dips lower, slipping underneath the lace of my underwear to brush over my soft mound. Pleasure spikes sharply as his fingers finally slide lower to where I desperately need him, and I let out a broken exhale as my body coils unbearably tight.