42.Leaving

Rashid's POV

"Are you really going to stay here? I mean it's bhabijaan's first time visiting her maternal home after marriage. You didn't go there with her,that was enough for her to be disappointed. Now you won't even attend the wedding?"

I sigh at Aaliyah's nagging for the hundred times. Ever since Begum has left I am going through the constant nagging of her about accompanying her and Saad.

"It's not that I don't want to go Aaliyah. I am not able to. There's a difference Shehzadi Sahiba." I said sarcastically keeping the scroll on the table.

"D-don't call me that.Whatever that was." She fidgeted.

"What?" I chuckled in confusion.

"J-just don't c-call me that."

"Okay okay I won't.Why are you getting all defensive?"

"Esa kuch nehi hain bhaijaan! Abhi ye bataye aap chal rahe hain ke nehi?!"
(There's no such thing as! Now tell me are you coming with us or not?!)

"Aali-"

"Kaun kaha ja raha hain?" Saad asked entering the study room with Amir following him behind.
(Who's going where?)

"Aaliyah is insisting me to come with you guys to attend the wedding. I have been making her understand that I can't go but she won't listen." 

"If she is insisting you that much then why don't you just go? Me and Amir bhai will stay back and take care of things around here. The situation in north seems be in control right now. They haven't made a move yet and I don't think they will. Maybe they do want peace now."

"No!" Aaliyah said a little louder than her usual voice.

"What no?" Saad asked.

"I-I mean why would you and Deewan Sahab stay back. I want all of us to go. Not just me and Bade bhaijaan."

"That's not possible Aaliyah,you know that very well. Also just because they have calmed down doesn't mean they have backed away. I am pretty sure they are planning another stunt. We have to be prepared for everything."

"I have tightened the security around the borders. The spy you planted on Thaani begum is also very alert. We will receive every single report of anything that is to happen." Saad replied.

Then why do I feel like it's not enough? That I am missing out on something very important?

"Is there anything else you wanted to say Aaliyah?" We all looked at her.

"H-huh? I-I no. There is nothing else." She stomped her feet against the floor before walking away.

"Bigdi huyi ladki." Saad shook her head.
(Spoiled brat.)

"Don't talk about your little sister like that Chote Miya." I said sternly.

"What! I was just saying. You spoil her way too much bhaijaan. I wonder how she will even manage in her in-laws."

"Khudka dekh lijiye pehle Shehzade Saad?"
(Think about yourself first prince Saad?)

He pouted as always. I gave him an eye roll before looking at Amir.

"Talking about in-laws among all the proposals I have received for Aaliyah,Shehzade Yasir Farukh seemed most potentially right to me. He is the next in line for throne after his father as he is the eldest son of Sultan Mujahid Farukh. What do you think Amir?"