44.Tears

Rashid's POV

"Take me with you bhaijaan please!"

"Are you crazy Kahir! If they know you are with me god knows what they might do. You aren't going!" I prepared to get on my fastest horse.

"You aren't understanding bhaijaan. I know them. I know their tricks and weaknesses. I know what will make them succumb."

"They will succumb either way. By being dead,by my own hand and sword."

"They will yes. But did you ever think about how they won't ever stop? Even if you kill of them,they have their heir. They will ascend the throne and come back to seek revenge. Think rationally bhaijaan.Saad bhai is staying anyways!"

"Whatever. They are going to die if there's even a scratch on begum's body. Even if there isn't they die for eyeing on her. I have already made my mind up. Come if you want to but don't you dare meddle in my business."

My rational thinking skills don't work when it comes to her. I have already gave up on that.

"Aaliyah?" I asked Amir.

"She will be coming right behind us in the carriage." He replied.

I nodded my head as I sat on my favorite white horse. "Make sure there's enough man ahead of her and behind her.You never know what they are thinking."

"I have already made sure of that."

"The armies and soldiers?"

"They have already started their journey.They will reach within time. But first breathe."

I scoffed. Breathe? I will only ever breathe in relaxation after knowing my begum is safe and in my arms.

"I am breathing fine." I lied.

"No. You aren't. We are going there aren't we Rashid? Everything has to be okay."

"Don't waste my time here." The horse neighed as it started running through our surroundings and slowly the barricades of our Sultanate.

I hate that he knew me so well. I hate he could see my fastened breathing. He wasn't supposed to.But the thought of her being hurt because of me made my blood boil.

Since riding a horse was faster than a carriage,we all reached there within two days.Only Aaliyah didn't since she was coming by a carriage. The weather was so bad that we had to stop at places or else I swear I could've arrived faster.

The soldiers ahead of us went ahead and informed them about our arrival. They also must have been alert as soon as we reached the borders. Without any further questions they opened the door upon seeing our royal symbol.

"Jawai Sa!" Raja Advik came forward while I came down. Shock was visible all over his face but he masked it as much as he could. I was just too good at reading people's expressions.

He hugged me lightly before letting me go and motioned something to someone.

"What a pleasant surprise you gave us Jawai-sa! We all thought you wouldn't attend the wedding but thank you for favoring us with your presence! We-"

"These formalities can always be done. Where is Yaksha?" I didn't mean to do it but I just needed to see her once to make my beating heart calm. It wouldn't stop behaving like a maniac.

"Now now it isn't good to be so obsessed with your wife jawai-sa. You have just arrived,where's the rush huh? Besides it's your first time in your in-laws after your marriage so there's going to be a lot of formalities of course. Please have some patience." Some elderly woman came forward with a prayer platter in her hands with several girls following her behind. They giggled at her words.