002.

EMERGENCIES AND ENCOUNTERStw(s): medical emergency, strong language, rude remarks

tw(s): medical emergency, strong language, rude remarks

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

The freckled female collapsed onto the bench and swiped a straw impaled water bottle from the platform below her. The Friday night game she had previously discussed with Goldberg, was currently commencing.

There were currently three minutes left of the second period, and District Five was down five goals to the Grand Marais Grizzlies.

Guzzling down the liquid in the container that she had snatched, Evelyn intently watched the game unfolding before her. Charlie, Guy, Peter, Jesse, Averman, and Goldberg presently scattered the ice, putting forth their best effort to play defense on the opposing players.

"Go! Skate faster! Get- ugh GET OFF THE FLOOR AND DO SOMETHING!" The angered coach exclaimed, flailing his arms in the air.

Evelyn exchanged glances with the brunette next to her named Connie, wincing at the anger erupting from the man standing beside her. The girls watched as Charlie lost his footing again and slid into #16 on the opposing team, who was handling the puck. Anticipating the collision, Guy went to rebound the lost puck and manuevered it down the ice. Jesse sprinted down the ice, in attempt of fast break.

"Go! Go! Go!"

"You got it, Guy!"

"Pass it to jesse!"

"Get up, Charlie!"

"Watch out behind you!"

Words of encouragement and warning echoed through the arena. Guy continued skating attempting to draw in the defenders around him. Once he did, he readied his stick to pass to Jesse, but his action was interrupted by Peter crashing into him from behind, unable to stop.

Groans were emitted by the spectators, but Jesse hunted the puck. With the defense behind him, he closed the small distance between him and the goalie, wound up his stick, and shot the puck. But not before the buzzer went off. The goalie barely deflected the puck with his skate, but the puck nudged its way into the goal.

"Aww." The parent section exhaled.

"GOOD JOB, JESSE! WAY TO GET IT IN THERE!" An older colored man, who Evelyn knew as Jesse and Terry's dad, yelled, springing into a standing position and clapping his hands together.

The players who were previously dispersed on the ice made their way to their bench, for the one minute time out between periods.