001. ⋆。゚( after hours )

now playing:

the weeknd - after hours
0:01 ❍─────── 6:02
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺

🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 🄾🄽🄴

           THE CHROMATIC LIGHTS PIERCE THROUGH emmy's skin and into her nervous system

           THE CHROMATIC LIGHTS PIERCE THROUGH emmy's skin and into her nervous system. it feels like she's being burned by the fabricated ambiance. you'd normally have to drag emmy from her ankles to get her to go out past eleven at night. today is an exception since uconn had advanced to the big east finals.

kk and aaliyah stand beside her as the half of them that came went to get a round of shots. the rest of the huskies' excuse for not going is that they have to catch up on homework, and emmy almost regrets not claiming that she did as well. paige had forced emmy to match with her tonight. they're wearing colorful flamboyant sweaters, reminiscent of the overdone lights in this place. the blonde never fails to wear every color of the rainbow in one day.

here comes the team with a platter of shots. paige looks over at the brunette with a knowing smirk, and emmy's face furrows into a grimace. she can already feel her friends, specifically paige, making fun of how much of a lightweight she is. they set the tray down on the wooden circular table with no seats, considering how comically tall it was.

"c'mon, em! build up your tolerance." paige says in equivocal encouragement, nudging her side with her sharp elbow as she occupies the spot beside emmy.

emmy scans her long frame up and down and rolls her eyes in response. what paige wants is a reaction, and she isn't going to budge. the blonde's grin never fades from her glossy lips as she toasts the group except for emmy and throws her head back to swallow the clear acidic drink. paige's face and shoulders scrunch up. she doesn't even bother to glance over at emmy who she knows is chuckling under her breath. she lifts one shot off the metal tray and guides it to the girl. "you try then."

"are you peer pressuring me right now?" emmy raises an eyebrow, shaking her head in feigning disappointment. paige mocks her facial expression unsuccessfully as a small giggle escapes her lips. they bicker like small children. that's what makes their friendship so exclusive to them. a side of themselves no one on the outside ever experienced except for each other. that's why it's so sacred.

inevitably, emmy lets out a sigh and takes the glass from the blondes hold, swallowing the tequila down whole to get it over with. a smirk tugs at the corners of emmy's lips when she notices paige's parted lips and raised eyebrows, a silent acknowledgment of her lack of reaction.