002. ⋆。゚( we can't be friends )

now playing:

ariana grande - we can't be friends (wait for your love)
0:01  ❍─────── 3:50
↻     ⊲  Ⅱ  ⊳     ↺

🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 🅃🅆🄾

          NIKA HAD DROPPED OFF ICE, kk, and aaliyah at their respective places. she made it a point to take emmy and paige home last because they were not in the right headspace to fend for themselves. the pair lives on the third floor across the hall from one another but emmy begged to stay with paige because allegedly, she's prone to getting nightmares after nights out and she can't be alone.

a rightfully grumpy nika jiggles the lock and is greeted with paige's cluttered but clean clothes she had forgotten to put away. the scent of her laundry is a mix of fresh tide and lingering cookie dough from yesterday's munchies. memories of their late-night facetime session flood back to emmy. paige said she just wanted to sit in silence with the girl as she played fortnite. yes, they could've gone to each other's apartments but the blonde was blasting music and emmy wished to crochet in peace. her depop business isn't going to run on its own two feet.

paige practically sprints to her room and plops down on her bed, groaning from her aching muscles. that reminds her... "we have practice tomorrow?" she asks with dread.

emmy takes a seat on the corner of the mattress whilst nika is somewhere in the kitchen craving a glass of water. "we do, bitch! we do." the croatian girl exclaims loudly enough for the both of them to hear the 'you fucked up' undertone. the glasses clink as she rummages to find the cleanest one, even if they all look the same.

"i need to piss so bad." emmy shifts in her position, crossing her legs tightly.

paige sluggishly blinks at her as she processes her comment. "so are you gonna go to the bathroom or are you just gonna piss on my bed?" she asks dryly.

emmy takes a deep breath before standing up with a dramatic hiss. she catches paige's peeved gaze again so she rolls her eyes. "you look like ass."

paige's face scrunches up in offense as she props up on her side. a puzzle piece connects in her brain when she thinks of the perfect comeback. "the bartender didn't think so." she smiles cockily. it went to waste though because emmy had already shut the bathroom door before she could hear it.