Drace Two

When I get back, my mind lashes out to Larc.

"Where the fuck are you?" he snarls, more pissy than my dragon's been since I saw the Thegallan princess.

"I was detained. Bitch wouldn't die. Have you seen him?"

I can feel Larc's response to my words, but he makes no mention of my mood or what he thinks I did in the course of getting the job done. Neither does he need to clarify who I'm talking about. "I'm looking at him right now."

"Why is he here?"

"I don't know. I can't reach him, and I haven't had a chance to get him alone."

"I'll do it tonight."

"You can't kill him. You know who he is to them."

"If they wanted him untouched, they should have let us in on their plans instead of sending him in here cuffed and servile."

"Maybe they didn't plan it."

I don't bother replying as I push open the doors to the dining room and hear Perron about to throw one of his typical tantrums. The man was nothing if not dramatic and he hated to be disobeyed. Fear was a powerful motivator and Perron knew how to use fear to rule with unbending will and obedience.

It would be scarier if I gave a shit.

Yes, he controlled my token and therefore me, but he did so because he needed me. He wanted to keep me on side. It was a standoff of sorts. Convenient because his bloodthirst matched mine. Because I was quite happy to do what he wanted and he let me do what I wanted. It was the perfect relationship, but I didn't have to like or respect the guy.

"He has already welcomed your son's new toy to bountiful Zegon," I said as I walked in. Although, give me time and I'd make her my toy.

"Now."

"Not now," I told my dragon with a huff as Perron speaks to me.

"Take her. We will claim–"

"We'll kill her."

"No."

"We'll fuck her, ruin her, and then kill her. Happy?" I ask him as I finish, "Even I can't be in two places at once," to Perron.

"No." Perron gives me one of those smiles that reminds me he finds my insubordination amusing. For now. "No. I suppose not. Come. By the look on sweet Lauden's face, I can imagine the greeting you gave her. Let me see you give her one befitting her...status in our royal court."

"Give her one befitting a drag–"

"Shut the fuck up."

I incline my head to Perron with a smirk. I would be more than happy to welcome her. And I'm sure Perron is imagining all the things I could do to her as well. How well I'd ruin her. What kind of carnage I'd leave in my wake. He knows as well as anyone how I feel about Thegallans. He knows what I want to do to her. Most of what I want to do to her. Me fucking her first probably wouldn't surprise him, though.

Coming around in front of her, I'm looking forward to the look on her face. Nycostaer is staring at her with a clear warning on her face. Oh, what does she want to say to me? What would she be like in her own court? How much fire does this little stain hold and how can I make it flash hot?

She's waiting for me, her eyes finding mine and holding them steadily.

Oh, her breath is shallow. Her heart thunders. Ever kerei in the room and possibly beyond would be able to hear it. Her eyes are pinned to mine. So pale it makes my dragon growl contentedly in my head. He's fucking smitten with her. What the hell is it about her?