Chapter 3

We're here at the mall right now. Lia's with me. It's embarrassing because she said I should just pick what I want to buy, and she insisted on paying for it.

Lia invited me to watch a movie, and I agreed since it would be a waste to decline. We chose what to watch, and I suggested a horror movie for some thrill.

We're currently in line at the ticket booth, and the line is long. When I looked towards the escalator, I saw Aunt Elise with a beautiful and sexy woman.

They seemed to have known each other for a long time because Aunt Elise looked very comfortable with her.

They're probably also going to watch a movie because they're heading in this direction.

I was about to call Aunt, but Lia suddenly called out the name Freya, and I don't know who she's referring to.

Lia approached my aunt's companion, and I noticed that my aunt was glaring at me angrily.

They came closer to us, and Lia introduced me to my aunt's companion.

"Ate si zoey nga pala kaibigan ko" Lia said.

"Hi" All that came out of my mouth was just annoyance because I didn't like what I was seeing, especially how her hand was getting closer to my aunt's arm. It's irritating to watch.

"Hello, ang cute mo zoe, kilala mo ba siya?" Turo niya sa tita ko "Grabe ka kasi makatitig parang mangangain."

"Yes, tita ko siya." I said.

"Pinsan ko pala zoe si ate Freya." Lia said.

I just smile.

"Manonood din ba kayo ate freya sabay sabay na tayong apat parang double date."

Nakabili na kami ng apat na ticket at bumili rin kami ng popcorn at soft drink. Isang popcorn lang binili namin ni Lia dahil baka hindi namin maubos, marami na kasi ang laman.

Pumasok na kami sa loob at umupo na rin kami katabi ko si Tita Elise at si Lia, nasa gitna nila ako. Si Freya naman ay nasa kabilang upuan, katabi rin si Tita Elise.

The movie we're watching has started, but I can't help but sneak glances at Aunt Elise because I'm curious about who her companion is. Maybe she's her girlfriend.

While I was looking at her, she suddenly looked back at me, and I was surprised because her gaze seemed like I did something wrong to her again.

I quickly turned my attention back to the movie, and I accidentally spilled my soft drink due to the shock from what I was watching. It spilled because I got startled at the exact moment I was taking a sip.

"Your clothes are already wet." Nag aalalang sabe ni Lia sakin.

"It's okay, it will dry quickly anyway."

"Later on, you might get sick. I'll just buy you clothes so you can change right away."

Lia held my hand to leave, but suddenly Aunt also held my other hand.

"I'll be the one to accompany zoe." Tita said.

Ngayon ko lang narinig na sinabi niya ang pangalan ko. Ang ganda pakinggan kapag siya ang nagsabi.

"Ako na po saglit lang naman kami."

"I said, 'I'll be the one."

Hindi na rin nakipagtalo si lia kay tita dahil alam niyang wala siyang laban mamaya baka magbuga ng apoy itong si tita kung hindi nasunod ang gusto niya