~ Blanket part 2 ~

"Aiden... can I ask you something?"

"Yup. Go ahead."

"What exactly do you remember about your death?"

"Let me think..." he frowned. "The last thing I remember is the ceiling falling on me. Then I woke up in your home."

Ashlyn bit her lip.

"Did it hurt?"

"I guess not. Probably some large rock fell on my head, so I didn't feel the pain. Although, when I woke up I couldn't breathe for a moment, but then I was fine.

Ashlyn sighed with relief.

"Wait, don't tell me you were worrying about it?"

"I weren't", she half-lied, trying to push away the guilt. "That's not the point."

"So what is the point?"

"I... I was just wondering if your head was okay."

"My head? What it wouldn't be okay?" He looked at her with astonishment. "Did something happen to me when I was dead?"

"Hmm... let's just say you don't look pretty when you are dead."

"Sooo does it means I'm pretty when I'm alive...?

"What? No!" she blushed. "I didn't mean you're pretty, but... what I wanna say... it's not that you're SO ugly, it's just... you're not bad." her cheeks were burning.

Aiden looked at her with a shocked smile.

"Wait wait wait wait. Did you really just admit that I am pretty?"

"I just said you're not ugly, okay?!" she hid her face in her hands. "That's a difference!"

"Hey, are you blu..." he stopped, and then changed his mind. "Anyway, will you tell me what worries you?" 

Ashlyn glanced at him, suprised that he didn't push.

"I told you... it's about the plan, and your head. Nothing else."

"I'm serious", his fingers brushed her hand.

What. The. Fuck.

"Me too", she replied wondering what to do with the fact he had touched her. Her heart was beating at least twice as fast as normal.

"But I see you're not telling me something." this time he pushed.

"Okay, if you must know", she sighed. "When you died... when we pulled you out from under the ruins, we hid under the tables. I was holding you and suddenly you looked at me with suche a big, creepy smile. and I don't mean your typical psycho smirk, you just looked like... like a Phantom."

"Wow, I... I didn't expect anything like THAT" he still hadn't moved away his hand and Ashlyn wasn't sure how to feel about this - especially she was very bad with emotions. But even though he had crossed her boundary again, she didn't push him away, letting his fingers touch hers. "Is that why you were hugging me so tight and shaking?"

Ashlyn looked at him and realized she was inches away from his smile. she felt irritation flood through her, especially since her feelings were so restless.

"Can't you be serious for just a while?"

"Ash, tell me, How do you copy with your stress?

"What-"

"Answer me."

"I listen to the music, I guess?"

"And I turn everything into jokes."

They were staring at each other for a several long seconds, until Aiden looked at the side, moving his hand away.

"Probably you have some theory?" he asked, and Ashlyn nodded.

"I suppose it was something like you changed into a Phantom for a while. I don't know, it's all weird".

"Ugh. I want to have problems like normal teenagers, not like 'we are turning into monsters!' "he ran his hand through his hair. "None of us asked for that fucking mess. I would do everything to turn back the time."

"I..." Ashlyn hesitated for a moment, but Aiden looked so worried and tired that she just had to try to comfort him. "I'm not as good with words as Taylor, but listen... if all this hadn't happened, we wouldn't be sitting under the blanket and talking right now, right?" 

Aiden looked at her as if he wasn't sure if he heard correctly.

"Damn, it sounded pathetic..." she mumbled. "I should go."

"Wait", he grabbed her hand before she could get up. "It was not pathetic. It was... comforting. It made me feel like we're friends. I think I... kinda needed this, especially we both suck at relations", he leaned slightly towards her and Ashlyn felt her cheeks getting warm.

"Umm... thanks", she looked away.

"Oh- sorry", he ran his hand through his hair again. "thanks too, I mean."

"Well." she stood up, pulling him up by the hand. "Come on, we still have time to get some sleep."

She was already reaching for the door handle when she stopped mid-move.

"Aiden... what if..." she hesitated and then whispered: "What if you turn into a Phantom and attack me? I will... I won't be able to hurt you.

His smile looked a bit sad.

"We promised each other that we would do our best, right? So... you'll have to befriend with the Phantom."

Ashlyn felt herself smile involuntarily, her eyes became moist.

Why am I crying?! Nobody makes me cry without a serious reason, so why Aiden...?

"Ash", he said with a soft smile. ,,Wanna hug?"

~~~~~~~~~~

💗💗💗

I have a question, would you rather kiss in the next ep or next next ep, or should I wait? Cause I can make them slow burn if you want