Chapter Twelve: What A Bloody Mess..

<TW> Death, Gore, Blood, Weapons, Fighting, Character death

<CW> angst, minor fluff(?)

  Grian led his friends around large rocks and up small hills, walking around aimlessly while he searched for a place for the powerful trio to hide in for the time being.

  BDubs was bouncing along beside Etho, his hand anxiously fidgeting with the chain of his pocket watch as he strained his ears and scanned his surroundings for anyone who would be watching them.

  Etho appeared the most calm as he trailed behind Grian, his hand on BDubs' shoulder to keep him close and safe.

  Grian stopped after he led them over another hill, he saw something, something his friends didn't see, but maybe they heard.

  "Walk quietly and quickly, I think I know where we can hide." Grian said, looking back and forth before continuing to walk, as if he were a child about to cross the road.

  Etho and BDubs quickly followed behind their feathered friend. "Where, G?" BDubs whispered. Grian's wings fluttered as they came to the center of the field, Etho reacted the quickest, pulling BDubs back and kicking Grian down.

  BDubs gasped as two arrows hit the floor where they were just walking. Etho's ears twitched, and Grian's eyes widened as he raised himself to a crouch.

  "Thank you.."BDubs muttered to Etho, focusing on what he heard around him.

  They formed a sort of protective triangle together, each of them facing a different direction. The Listeners immediately turned when they heard Grian let out a pained and angry cry.

  BDubs quickly turned and pulled Grian away from a brunette wearing a brown vest over a green sweater with rolled up sleeves. Iskall. His diamond sword had blood on it, Grian's blood. His expression was dull and cold, his eyes icy and lime green.

  Grian winced as he tried to move his wing as he pushed BDubs a bit away, Iskall cut along one of his wings when he had raised them to protect himself. "I'm fine," he mumbled and watched as Gem and Impulse moved to stand beside Iskall. All of their eyes hard and lime green.

  Etho got out his sword first, BDubs hesitantly following suit as he studied his old friends. The two trios stood there for what felt like ages, staring each other down, daring one another to make the first move.

  Then Gem struck.

  She raised her hands quickly, drawing back an arrow in her bow and letting it fly. She hit BDubs in the temple, her magically and chemically enhanced arrow immediately taking a negative effect on BDubs.

BDubs crumpled to the floor, desperately fighting to keep his consciousness as he held his hand to his bleeding head. Everything hurt. Everything hurt so much, and his eyes saw dancing black spots no matter where he looked.

"BDubs!" Etho cried out, but before he could rush to his friend's aid and do something, Impulse lunged forward and sliced at Etho's face. The white haired Hermit barely avoided a fatal injury to his face, instead an old scar on his face happily opened up and dripped red with blood when Impulse requested it did.

Grian glanced worriedly at his two friends, but he knew he couldn't get distracted. He turned to Iskall and pulled out a sword, prepared to fight him. Prepared for a little revenge considering his wing.

Gem approached BDubs, and the dark haired hermit worriedly looked up at her, his mind all jumbled and confusing his logic. He held up his sword weakly, but Gem snatched it out of his hands and threw it to the side.