Cɦɑpteɾ 50

♫ If you don't think that we're right for each other (baby, no)
Then please don't let history repeat itself ♫  

Charles Leclerc POV

It was actually funny to watch as Anthoine went from curious to confused. He looked at me before looking at his daughter.

"Are you recycling t-shirts now?" He asks confusedly, and Nat bursts out laughing.

"Why would we?" She asks, ultimately amazed by the reaction.

"No!" He says, completely skeptical; I see my brothers going to see Lucas' shirt, and my mom follows as their faces change.

"Big brother? Oh, please don't play with my heart; I will be traumatized if it's a lie," my mom says as tears fill her eyes as she walks to Nat, ignoring me as I stand right next to her. 

"Surprise!" Nat says excitedly as my mom hugs her.

"I can't believe this! You make me the happiest mother and grandmother," she says as the tears scrolled down her cheeks.

"I am the son, though," I comment as their hug ends, and my mom rolls her eyes as Nat laughs.

"Don't be jealous; it's not a good look on you, baby," she says amusedly, and I put my tongue out in a playful way.

"Natalie is the daughter I never had; deal with it. And she is giving me my second grandchild; you better be on your best behavior, or I will kick your ass if you hurt my precious woman," she warns me before giving me a quick hug.

"Don't get fooled. She is my precious woman; I would rather be dead than hurt her," I say as I hug her back.

"I love you. You have a very good family. And get her a ring; that woman deserves to be wifed up; it's been a year and a half," she whispers before letting go, and I just nod. I have no intention of letting Nat go; I knew she was the one a long time ago, way before it was official.

"You did it again, uh? Wasn't a 7-year-old enough?" Arthur jokingly asks after hugging Natalie, and I punch his arm.

"It happened; we are happy, and so are you," I say casually, and he nods.

"I know I am; congrats," Lorenzo says as he quickly hugs me. I see Anthoine endearingly hugging his daughter for the 5th time in a row as she shows him the ultrasound from this week.

"We also prepared a little extra surprise since we wanted to have a low-key gender reveal, and the cupcakes and cake pops are the reveals," I reveal, and all eyes are on the pastries on the table.

"Lucas, will you give us the honor?" Nat asked him, and I saw his little eyes shining with emotion as he looked up at her.

"Me?" He asks so innocently that I smile; he is always so smart that I still forget he is a kid, and these moments are damn precious.

"It would be a pleasure to have you announce the gender of your sibling," she says happily. He nods as he runs to grab a cupcake, and everyone watches expectantly.

My free hand intertwined with Natalie's hand, and I, for a second, wished for a little girl. I wanted her to be just like Nat. Fearless, talented, and loving. Perfect almost. Everything about this woman keeps me on my toes daily, and I can learn a different thing about her even after all this time. 

So I would be happy with a boy, but a girl crossed my mouth as Lucas took a bite of the cupcake, and the pink inside showed me exactly what I needed to see. We are having a girl!

"Oh my god!" Natalie gasps as she hugs me, and I hug her back.

"I hope she is just like you," I whisper as I kiss her cheek, and she nods happily as she cries.

"Come here baby," Nat says before she hugs Lucas.

"I am having a little sister," his smile couldn't be bigger, honestly.

"You will be the best big brother ever. You are the best kid ever; I could never have asked for a better son, mon prince," she says as she hugs him and I smile.

"You are the best mom," he says proudly, and I hug them both.

I think sharing this with only the family helped us appreciate it more, and as I laid down in bed to join Nat after a good shower. She immediately turned to me and I knew she wanted to say something.

"Go on," I say, curious to see why she is second-guessing what she is about to say.

"Julia," she blurts out and I'm confused.

"I'm confused," I announce and she nods.

"The baby, I want to name her Julia," she comments and I knew her reasoning.

"We don't need to do that, we don't need to name our kids in honor of those I loved and lost, but thank you. That meant a lot," I admit as I kiss her forehead.

"I like the name! And I like the special it would have for those smart enough to see it. Lucas has Hervé as a second name, and Julia is a good name, but if it's triggering for you, then we can see other names," she says calmly, and I could only smile. How can someone be this perfect?

"Julia Beaufoy Leclerc?" I ask interestedly.

"Julia Pascale Beaufoy Leclerc," she corrected me, and I could only kiss her.

No one can be more fitting for me than her. She is always one step ahead, and she is everything I have ever needed. So, if you are wondering when I'm about to take the next step in this relationship, I can only say it's about to happen real soon if it's up to me. 

"I think you liked the name," she says happily.

"I loved it, but not as much as I love you," it sounded so damn cheesy.

"You are so corny, I love it," she says before turning the bedside light off and I do the same.

Time to rest because the start of a new Formula 1 season is coming and the pregnancy will be something public sooner or later, whenever we decide to go ahead with it. And I honestly don't mind it; people have been supporting us from the beginning, and I don't think this will be much different. And I don't care. I love her, I love my son and I love my daughter already. They are my family.