Chapter 49: Nothing Comes Without a Price

"You don't know what you're talking about." Now she could see him start to fluster and get annoyed, "It's going to be a reminder every time you see it that Jack hurt you. That I failed in protecting you."

She tilted her head slightly. "Odd." She turned towards the mirror, tugging the strings of the nightgown to reveal her back and hint at the curve of her behind. Moonlight filtered in through his window, making her wet hair appear pure white as it glistened over her shoulder. She spoke as she tried to run her fingers lightly down the red mark, "I see proof that I protected Eden from getting hurt. I see you saving me again, stopping the bleeding, and making sure I survived. I see a testament of how far I'd be willing to go for her. For you too." Confidence emanated from her voice as she faced Ominis with a stern expression. "Tomorrow, your family isn't going to lay a single hand on you. I won't allow it."

Ominis walked forward, an unreadable expression on his face. But he closed the distance like a snake who'd found his prey. For the third time that night, Stella found herself pressed against him and a hard surface that happened to be a mirror. She could feel the cold seeping into her skin, making her shiver and her nipples stiffen.

"Understand this, princess." Ominis spoke slowly with absolute clarity. His hands were on the mirror, trapping her between his arms as he dipped his head down towards her. Their breaths mingled. It would only take one of them to lean forward and their lips would touch. "I do the saving. Tomorrow, regardless of the insults and what my parents or brother do-you will behave and mind your manners. If you try to defend me or protect me, then I'll get very angry." His smirk grew when her breath caught as he trailed his hand up her outer thigh before resting on her arse, and pushing her hips against his, "If you misbehave, I'll punish you when we get home. And I'll do everything in my power to have you crying-begging for a release."

Stella swallowed hard and put her hand on his chest, pushing him away. "Then you'd better start planning. It's different now. I won't stand idly by anymore. You deserve to be protected too."

Her heart was racing, but she ignored the lust in his eyes, choosing to take him up on his offer of a real bed. The loveseat was nice, but who would dare turn down a bed with an insanely attractive sociopath?

Not her. She'd read enough dark romances in the future to know the safest place in the world was with the villain who'd already proven he'd burn the world down around them to keep her safe. She'd also have to be obliviated before she went back to the future otherwise ten years from now, she would still be thinking about the hot 19th century wizard who'd made her orgasm twice in public without having penetrating her with his cock.

She was probably ruined for other men now.

Chapter 49: Nothing Comes Without a Price

When Stella woke up, there was no one beside her. Ominis' side of the bed was cold, revealing that he'd been awake for a while. Judging by the amount of sunlight streaming through the window, it was likely around nine or ten.

Yawning, she transfigured workout clothes that consisted of a black pair of leggings and matching tank top. Part of her toyed with the idea of blue again, but she'd learned her lesson yesterday, and this morning she needed to find out where they stood.

It could have been a one and done. They'd gotten carried away by the night and today, things would be back to normal. As normal as her sixth day in the past could be. Yesterday's waking thought had been about what fresh batch of Hell awaited her. The answer had been Jack the Ripper and Poppy Sweeting. Today, she didn't need to guess.