𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞

well um .. long time no see haha

here's the next chapter, vote, comment and enjoy!

***

One week later, and it was our turn to present our projects during history.

James started talking, and I soon zoned out, though I shouldn't. But I did. It's not like anyone was going to know or find out.

But I was brought back to reality by a sharp pain in my head. It was like my head was being poked at by something sharp, like a needle.

I forced myself to ignore the pain, opting to pay attention to class instead.

But as the day went on, I couldn't ignore the pain. It would just become more painful, wanting my attention.

I felt hot in the hoodie, but the heaters in the building weren't even on. Everyone else was cold. Some even put on their jackets. But it was like my insides were boiling, and I needed a refuge from it.

I would pull at the hoodie, trying to get some cool air, but all it did was make me feel more hot. I couldn't get out of my own prison.

The day was finally over, and when I went outside, it started to snow lightly while raining as well. The hotness I felt was now cold. I could feel my bones rattle, my teeth chatter, as I tightened my hoodie.

Despite the thickness of the hoodie, I could feel all warmthness be replaced by the freezing cold as if the temperature was falling by the second, until it reached absolute zero.

I thought of texting my brothers or calling them. But they didn't pick up at all. Why was it they could reply other times but not when I needed them the most? I thought they were supposed to be my guardians.

My fingers were shaking, and becoming numb by the minute, dulling from the pain. I quickly put my fingers in my pocket, determined not to get worse like frostbite or something.

My feet were hurting, and getting wet from the puddles of rain. The wind blew hard against my face, making me stumble a few times, closing my eyes so snow wouldn't get in.

The snow became more and more, piling on top of each other, reaching my knees, determined to swallow me whole. In the blizzard, I lost all sight of which way I was going. There was no direction. I could've only hoped I was going the right way.

The snow crystals found its way to hit my skin, gliding down my neck, making me recoil from the dampness and coldness. I could feel my blood cooling, my skin becoming icy.

I was bowing my head, until I could see whiteness. My steps had slowed down to a mere shuffle, trying to make it out alive. I had lost all sense of time, not knowing how much more I had to go.

My eyes narrowed to save them from the cruel wind, until it was just a slit, just to see my legs move by the bare minimum.

I don't know how long it took. It didn't seem like things could get worse. I had lost all sense, all feelings. The numbness of my legs seemed to spread to my insides, freezing my veins, my blood, slowly making its way to my heart.

I didn't even know how I was doing it.

But then again, I did have some experience when I was younger.

The skies were colored black, a destructive haze in its way, aiming - it seemed - towards me. I could feel the shadows, the demons awaking inside once again, fueled by the darkness. The monsters inside, flicking its tongue, sharp claws out in the open, itching to get to me.

But it would have to try harder, I wouldn't give in so easily. Even if my body was weakening by the count.

Minutes later did I finally look up to see the familiar building. Relief filled my heart.