010

C H L O E

One of my friends, Chaeyoung, had invited the entire cheerleader squad for girls' night where we paint each other's nails, gossip and all that girly junk. Eunji urged me to go, just at least go outside and socialize. "The worst thing to do after a break up is to stay inside and let all the dark shit seep into your soul hun, it could do some serious damage to your psyche and stuff." She said softly to me, as her car parked by Chaeyoung's house.

"I absolutely hate seeing you sad, those big adorable eyes of yours filled with sadness effects everyone. You're a cute, smart, a bit of a controlling ray of sunshine and I can't let the sunshine be covered by dark, storm clouds." She gave a me loving kiss on the top of my head and left the car. "Are you sure you're a cheerleader and not a member of the poetry club at school, because that was too much." I laughed while we walked to Chaeyoung's house across the street. "Who says I can't be both?" Eunji knocked on the door three times and waited. Billie opened seconds later, squealing at the sight of Eunji and I in front of her. Eunji soon joined in, hugging her and jumping. Behind Billie, a choir of other squeals followed after Eunji and Billie. Eunji soon ran in to hug the other girls. I gave Billie a hug, she rocked me side to side. "How are you feeling?" Billie led me inside, with her hand on my shoulder. "I mean, I still feel like terrible, it's only been a day since leaving Skyler." Billie aw'd as I finished my sentence, "Thankfully you have us to rant, you have to rant, it'll help for sure. It definitely doesn't do any good to bottle all those feelings up, it'll come out one way or another and trust me it won't be pretty." I nodded.

It fell silent as Billie and I joined the circle, everyone became awkward. "Hey Chloe, how's it hanging?" Chaeyoung awkwardly asked. "I feel absolutely awful girls, hear this, a good hour after breaking up Skyler, I entered the house, my mom comes up to me, basically making me go on a date with her friend's son I was friends with when I was like six." Everyone gasps, "That's the one of the reasons she made me break up with Skyler, so I can be single when I meet the son, and also my mom's a raging homophobe."

"What a fucking shithead oh my god." Another squad member says, I nodded along in agreement. "You have no choice in this do you?" Chaeyoung says, opening a bottle of dark purple nail polish. I shake my head, and everyone groans in disappointment. I begin to rant some more, everyone puts in their input as I continue. This what I love about the cheerleading squad, we're pretty close with each other, we can all rant with each other and give our opinions and advice. It's even easier since most of us have been in this squad since grade eight.

After discussing about my issue, another member Simone tells us about a party going down on Saturday. Everyone agrees, but me. "Chloe, I'm not saying you should go, but you probably should go. For us at least?" Billie says, giving me puppy eyes. The rest of the girls agree. "We're going into grade 12 in the fall, I wanna come back to school with really crazy stories about the parties we went to this summer, so we can intimidate the grade eights and impress the senior boys. And I want you to be in those stories Chloe." I roll my eyes at Billie's pleading, "That was a weak argument but I'll take it." Everyone cheers and continue the rest of the night on a happy note.

Friday night rolls around and I made myself pretty nicely, for Nate's sake. It's not his fault that we were forced together. I did natural makeup to be safe, and I wore a blue maxi sundress with dangling fuzz ball earrings. I got my purse and made my way downstairs. I rushed out of the house as fast as possible to avoid any family who has anything more to say about my current dating situation.

I knocked on Anna's door and a guy answered, he was tall, skinny and had cherry red hair. He wore safety pin earrings, a black shirt and ripped black jeans that clung to his legs nicely.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I was practically drooling at this man. An adorable smile spread along his lips at the sight of me and he chuckled, "Long time no see huh Chloe?" His voice was deep and smooth, I was about melt into a mush right in front of him. "Nate you're so tall and grown, holy crap! I feel so old." We laughed a little and he led to me his car, we soon drove and discussed about our lives at the moment. I kept the part about me breaking up with Skyler a secret, I didn't want to interrupt the flow of our conversation.

We made it to a cute classic Italian restaurant. Not a part of the date felt uncomfortable with him, he was a smart, kind and funny guy. Nate was an art kid despite his parents' efforts of trying to make him a football type of guy. His parent soon embraced his painting and drawing skills, they enrolled him in lessons at the community center and are trying to expand his skills. That story reminded me of my mom and my sexuality, except she's stuck on the part of making me someone I may not be.

The night ended with a walk to the park where the sports camp used to be held, a childish game of tag, a passionate kiss and a shy invite to the first party of the summer.

(A/N: YIKES that was a long chapter :3)