Chapter Eight

Pic of Sam

*Zane*

"Here we are," I say as I pull in front of the bookshop. Kylie smiles weakly at me and climbs out.

"Daddy, why did you lie to Ms. Kylie?" Dani asks from the back of the truck.

"I didn't lie to her, princess." I sighed, "Your way to smart."

"I know," Dani giggles and runs after Kylie. Walking inside I noticed Dani had found a corner and had a book in her hands.

Looking around I found Kylie in the back room mumbling to herself. "If you'll let me into your apartment I'll fix the door." I said.

"Alright," she whispered and I followed her up the stairs. Walking into the apartment I head over to the back door to see what I need to get to fix it, and Kylie headed into the bedroom.

"I'm going back down stairs, yell if you need anything." Kylie said when she walked back through.

"Alright," I said and got to work taking the door down.

"Zane," Kylie said from the doorway.

"Yeah?" I asked looking up.

"Dani said she hungry, so I'm taking her to the diner. Do you want anything?" I looked at the clock and realized three hours had pasted.

"I'll get something later," I said standing up and handing her some money.

"I got it," she said smiling at me sweetly, "You helped me last night, so the least I can do is pay for lunch."

'I watched her walk away with a smile. Surprises me everytime I see her.' I chuckle and start finishing up the front door(the one I kicked in).

Thirty minutes later, putting my tool bag in the truck. "Daddy," I turned when I heard Dani, "We got you some lunch."

"Thanks princess." I hug her before jumping up when I heard someone yell, I watched as Kylie ran up and jumped in some guys arms.

🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰 🏰

*Kylie*

"Thank you, Ms. Kylie." Dani says as we head back to the bookshop.

"Your welcome sweetie." I smile down at her, "Come on lets go give your dad his lunch." Dani runs across the street and I follow her before noticing a familiar looking car and a man leaning against it. Looking closer I stopped in shock when I realized who the man was.

"MATTIE!" I yelled before running and jumping in his arms. "Que demonios estas hacienda aqui? [what the hell are you doing here]"

"I te extrañé penqueño Raton de bibioteca.[I missed you little bookworm]"

"I te extrañé demasiqdo grande oso.[I missed you too big bear]"

"Ms. Kylie?" I heard Dani ask softly from behind me. Glancing over my shoulder I noticed a lot of people were staring. My face felt hot and I jumped down before running into my store. Hearing Zane and Mattie yelling, "Mind your own business."