Chapter 9

Alex sighed for the tenth time in the past half an hour as he waited for the one hour time limit to be up. The weapons instructor decided to give them all a written test about weaponry- identify the types of weapons, name of the weapon, what it is and can be used for,opinion on the weapon and how it can be improved, history of the weapon they have just identified, so on so forth.

Alex was currently staring into space, at the ridiculousness of the situation. The test was easy! Come on! Hurry your asses up! Alex thought as he waited and waited and waited. "Cub." 

Alex snapped to attention at his codename being called. "Yes sir?"

"Would you like to move on to the next part of the test or would you like to bored yourself to insanity?" the instructor joked with the teen, the only person he respects the most other then the other instructors and the sergeant. "There is another part to the test sir?" Alex asked the question that every soldier in the room had. 

"Thats right. It is quite physical actually." Alex pondered the options for a bit before nodding and the instructor gestured for him to follow. They arrived at the practice range, an array of weapons laid on the table off the side, all gleaming in the sun in their newly polished form. "Nice weapons." Alex commented as the instructor let him examine each weapon. "So! Your task! Be able to use as many weapons that is lying on this table. We will grade you on your accuracy, efficiency, ability to load your weapon and how well you perform with moving targets, and last but not least! Your timing for everything." Alex blinked at the task before a small smirk appeared on his lips, now, that is what he calls a good challenge. The instructor smiled at the emotion the kid just showed but a small nag appeared in his thoughts. A kid shouldn't be so impressed with weapons and he shouldn't be so excited at a task like this. Hell, he doesn't even deserve to be used as a weapon! This is just not right...

The rest of the soldiers arrived to see wide-eyed instructors and sergeant. They looked over to see what he was looking at. Alex have gotten through more than half the amount of weapons on the table and so far he has been deadly accurate. He even found those that were purposefully hidden to the best of their abilities and those that were placed at impossible angles. Now Alex was at the crossbow. The targets were all moving very quickly and he still managed a bullseye every single time!

Alex loaded the crossbow before setting it aside for the next weapon. He finished the rest of the weapons in less than 8 minutes and to think that there was about 20 more weapons to go through when the soldiers had arrived. "OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!" Twister exclaimed when Alex set the last weapon down. Alex looked at him weirdly but everyone was looking at him with some sort of expression. "Why are guys all looking at me like that?" Alex questioned, his voice quiet and emotionless. 

"WHY?! Why?! Have you seen yourself???? YOU WERE SO AWESOME!!!!!!" Twister gushed. 

"Thanks... But that doesn't explain why the rest is still looking at me like that. You guys have all seen me shoot."

"Are you kidding? You never told us you could use so many weapons! And you even shot all the ones that were suppose to be hidden and all those that are at impossible angles!" Tyler said, flabbergasted. 

"Part of the profession?" Alex suggested. 

... This kid... He is so good. He is acting like this is second nature, no kid deserve to have to work such a dangerous job and acquire such dangerous skills to survive. No kid should ever have to worry about running from assassins, insane people, kidnappers, etc. He shouldn't have to live like this.