Why the Humans?

He nodded, "Why do you need to steal people?"

He looked at her in the eye and paused. Should he tell her? How will she take it? Is this secret of his kind that secret?

"Tell me!" She was frustrated. This could be a breakthrough.

He closed his eyes and slowly said why, "We have been taking humans to try and change us back."

She sat there stunned, "What!?" Her voice had gone so high pitch that he had to cover his ears.

She clears her throat and tries again, "What!?" But it is still high pitch.

"Sh! You'll attract attention!" He whisper shouts. He definitely does not want to be caught again.

"Look. This is how it works: we take the people, plug them into a machine, and then...." Josh stops. He doesn't know what happens next. He has never been there to see what happens to the human.

"And!" She desperately wants answers and definitely wants to help stop this madness.

"I don't know. I've never been there to see it" he answers truthfully.

"Go!"

"What?"

"Then go and see!"

"Are you mad? I can't go back there! They will kill me!" He yells.

Sh rolls her eyes then a lightbulb goes on inside her head, "If you go and find out what happens then I-" she stops herself. Does she really want this?

"Then I will become your girlfriend"

He is so shocked but happy. She will be his first, and hopefully last, girlfriend. In a second he kisses her swiftly on the lips and takes off wanting so desperately now to seek out the answers.

She smiles, he is a nice guy and he will be her first, and hopefully last, boyfriend.

~*_*~

He enters the lab and flies into the main lab.

There is many conversations and as he looks around he notices all of the lab workers are wearing jackets.

He looks around and finds and extra. Hopefully they won't recognize him.

"Hey you!" One calls out to Josh. He tenses up and turns around.

"Can you get prisoner 225 out and into the machine. Be ready in five minutes" he nods his head and goes.

When he finds prisoner 225 he notices the old man would probably have died within a few weeks if they just left him.

He gently grabbed and carried the man out and into the main lab. Strapping him in, the man grabs him and brings him close, "My granddaughter, is she alive? Her name is Lauren Green"

Josh shakes his head yes, "I have her kept in a cave away from the others. I'm so sorry this has happened to you and your granddaughter"

The old man looks shocked and whispers, "You are no Stone Devil. You are special. Break this curse all of them are on and fast! The world has fewer of us and will soon be no longer. Do it quickly!"

"Move!" A man pushes Josh out of the way and they start the process. "I'm new here and in training, can you tell me what you are doing and how?"Josh asks casually.

"Well...first we turn on the machine with this switch then put this cap on their heads. Next we turn the machine onto low and gradually turn up to high"

"But what does the machine do?"

"It sucks out the human in them and we collect it in here" he shows the huge bottle full of blood.

Josh cringes then asks, "Then what?"

"Well, we have been trying for years to transfer the human particles into us so we can be human again. But none have worked. We try something new everyday"

Josh then understands, "Where is the list of all the experiments gone wrong?"

The man points to the nearest desk and goes back to his experiment.

Josh grabs the list and puts it under his wing.

He leaves and flies out. He has to tell her the news. But why hasn't the experiments worked?

If you want to look up what the Stone Devils look like search up Weeping Angels. Whoavins know what I'm talking about. (Watch Doctor Who)