Ch.4: Too Young

Ashley sat in the panic room, internally pouting. Its too dangerous, her father told her, you'd just get hurt. She just wanted to go upstairs to help them. She didn't think it was fair. She was always protected to the point where it annoyed Ashley. It was always either 'No, honey. You can't go hang out with them, I heard they're bad influences' or 'You can't do that, you might get injured,' or, Ashley's personal favorite, 'You're gonna get kidnapped and sold to some 50 year old with a My Little Pony fetish.' She knew Anne was just worried about her, but Anne always took it to the extreme. Phone calls every hour and lists of who she hung our with that day. She knows Anne cared, and so does Dean, probably, but she was tired of it. Everyone treated her like she was 4. It was ridiculous. But back to the point. There she was, laying on the floor of the bunker. Yes, there was a bed a few feet away, but, in Ashley's words, It's toooooo ffaaaaaarrrrrrr. She laid there for an hour and a half before Dean came down. "Now you can come up." He said as he pulled the door open. "What... are you doing?" Ashley mumbled an answer, but Dean couldn't understand it. "What?" She sighed, flipping around she she was on her back. "Laying here since it's 'too dangerous'." She mocked in annoyance. He scoffed, "I don't have to explain my choices to you. You'll just have to deal with it." Ashley grew hot with anger, but opted against saying anything as she stood up and walked past her father. When she walked into the living room, she saw Bobby and Sam picking up books. She also saw the desk moved across the room, paper all over, books scattered across the room. It was a mess. Without a word, she also started to pick up the books. "So, tough night, eh? Maybe you could've used some help." "Drop it, Ashley." Dean scolded, making Bobby chuckle in remembrance. "All I'm saying is-" Ashley started to say, but stopped when she was met with an angry look from Dean. "Nevermind, then."

As soon as they had everything cleaned up, they all went to bed. Even though there were enough beds upstairs, Sam and Dean decided to crash on the couch, in case anything else happened. Ashley soon fell to sleep.

**In The Dream**

Ashley woke up in the hallway outside of Bobby's kitchen. She peered inside, seeing Dean looking around, and Castiel standing behind him, both facing away from Ashley. Castiel spoke up, "Excellent job with the witnesses." Dean spun around, and Ashley flung herself out of door frame. "You were hip to all this?" Ashley slowly leaned back into the doorway, peering in slightly, but backed off when there was a loud creak from under her feet. Castiel walked towards the noise, "I was, uh, made aware." He looked around, but didn't see anyone. "Well, thanks a lot for the angelic assistance. You know, I almost got my heart ripped out of my chest." "But you didn't." Is he special or just heartless? "I thought angels were supposed to be guardians. Fluffy wings, halos -- you know, Michael Landon. Not dicks." Oh my god, Dean. I explained this to you earlier. "Read the Bible. Angels are warriors of God. I'm a soldier." "Yeah? Then, why didn't you fight?". "I'm not here to perch on your shoulder. We had larger concerns." "Concerns? There were people getting torn to shreds down here! And, by the way, while all this is going on, where the hell is your boss, huh, if there is a God?" "There's a God." "I'm not convinced. 'Cause if there's a God, what the hell is he waiting for, huh? Genocide? Monsters roaming the earth? The freaking apocalypse? At what point does he lift a damn finger and help the poor bastards that are stuck down here?" Dean pretty much yelled. "The Lord works..." Ashley internally groaned. "If you say 'mysterious ways,' so help me, I will kick your ass. So, Bobby was right... about the witnesses. This is some kind of a... sign of the apocalypse." "That's why we're here. Big things afoot." "Do I want to know what kind of things?" "I sincerely doubt it, but you need to know. The rising of the witnesses is one of the 66 seals." "Okay. I'm guessing that's not a show at Seaworld." Ashley laughed at that. "Those seals are being broken by Lilith." "She did the spell. She rose the witnesses." "Mm-hmm. And not just here. 20 other hunters are dead." "Of course. She picked victims that the hunters couldn't save so that they would barrel right after us." "Lilith has a certain sense of humor." "Well, we put those spirits back to rest." "It doesn't matter. The seal was broken." "Why break the seal anyway?" "You think of the seals as locks on a door." "Okay. Last one opens and..." Dean trailed off. "Lucifer walks free." Ashley gasped loudly, gaining the attention of Castiel for a few seconds before Dean spoke up, "Lucifer? But I thought Lucifer was just a story they told at demon Sunday school. There's no such thing." "Three days ago, you thought there was no such thing as me. Why do you think we're here walking among you now for the first time in 2,000 years?" He does have a point. "To stop Lucifer." "That's why we've arrived." Great job with that, Ashley sarcastically thought. "Well... bang-up job so far. Stellar work with the witnesses. That's nice." "We tried. And there are other battles, other seals. Some we'll win, some we'll lose. This one we lost. Our numbers are not unlimited. Six of my brothers died in the field this week. You think the armies of Heaven should just follow you around? There's a bigger picture here. You should show me some respect. I dragged you out of Hell. I can throw you back in." Ashley bit her tongue trying not to get caught ease-dropping by bursting out yelling. Before she knew it, she wake jerked awake.

I know, it's short, and it's just a filler, but I hope the next chapter will be more entertaining. I will be updating a lot this week as my Christmas present to you.
~Bo