Chapter Twenty Seven : South Vamparian Mall

Henry scrunched his eyes and opened them to find a long stuffed pillow in his arms instead of Rose. He immediately got up and searched for her around the whole suite but she was no where to be found still her sweet scent lingered in the air.

Agitated at her absence he forgot all the peace he received while he was asleep. He had never slept this properly and contently in the past years.

"Unde s-a dus?" He murmured and marched towards the door. Opening it, he found a guard standing in the corridor alone.

"Unde este soția mea?(Where is my wife?)" He questioned the guard, more like glaring at him.

"Înălțimea Voastră, ea... (Your Highness, she..)" The guard was soon cut off by the Nigel as he walked through the corridor towards Henry.

"Destitui." He ordered the guard, patting his shoulder to leave them alone.

"Slept well?" Nigel smirked.

Henry nodded curtly while Nigel stood silently watching him.

"What?" Henry asked coldly.

"I was expecting a 'good morning handsome cousin' kind of remark." Nigel smiled boyishly.

"Where is she?" Henry asked.

"Your eyes look red." Nigel remarked noticing the redness of his eyes signifying that he woke up from a deep slumber.

Henry rubbed his eyes and asked again, "Where is Rose?"

"Shopping, with Karen." Nigel informed.

Henry narrowed his eyes at Nigel, Rose never went anywhere without informing him about it. She might be forced by Karen, he thought. The girl was a handful.

"Alone." Henry beamed.

"Five guards at their security to be more exact." Nigel drawled eyeing his nails.

"They are not humans. You know that." His jaw twitched.

"They will be safe." Nigel assured.

"What guarantee do you have?" He curtly asked Nigel and turned to get dressed.

"What are you upto?" Nigel stopped him.

"I shall bring her back, myself."

"What have you been to her?" Henry turned back at Nigel's sudden question.

"What do you mean?"

"The girl got some serious issues. It is evident in her eyes, can't you see it? She has problem conversing properly, she cannot even smile or laugh as if it is forbidden." Nigel shoved his hands in his pant pockets and continued, "She was freaking asking for your goddamn permission. Don't you think she needs freedom and happiness. What happened to her?"

Henry raked a hand through his hair and turned his back to Nigel, "You better go get ready, we are going to her."

"If you do not want to answer me, fine. I don't feel wonderful to jump in your personal life but remember Henry, if she is hurt again, I won't be the one tolerating it." With his final words Nigel left Henry alone with his past memories.

"As if I can tolerate it?" Henry sighed and shut the door behind him to get dressed.

***

"Where did they exactly go?" Henry got in his black Lamborghini Veneno.

"South Vamparia Mall, to be exact." Nigel closed the car door as he adjusted himself in his seat.

"Twenty minutes, to the north." Nigel informed putting his glasses on.

"I know, I don't need a dumb vampire GPS." Henry snapped and kicked the accelerator towards north.

The whole ride was silent except Nigel who was enjoying his blasted music that was more than irritating and making it difficult for Henry to focus.

"Lower the volume for fuck's sake." He growled but Nigel was busy singing the lyrics to 'Something just like this' by the Chainsmokers ft. Coldplay.

"Shut up Nigel you are ruining the poor artist's song." Henry punched his arm but Nigel being the usual him was too lost in the music with his ear piercing voice.

Henry stopped the music making Nigel whine, "What the hell, man!"

"We are already here, get off the car."

"You are such a killjoy." Nigel whined again and got off while Henry chuckled, "Still not changed a bit, huh?"

"Nope." Nigel stretched his arms and his eyes already started wandering on the group of girls at the ice-cream corner.

"Its hot in here... phew.. I might as well need some ice-cream." He smirked.

Henry followed his eyes where Nigel was targeting. "That blonde, huh?" Henry playfully hit his arm.

"Yeah.." Nigel grinned.

"Stop ogling at the girl and focus." Henry said and pushed him further.

"Fine.." Nigel groaned making his way towards the oldest marketing place of Vamparia that had been now modified into a modern Victorian fashioned mall.

"Hey cutie." Nigel waved at the giggling girls when one of them yelled at him, "Hello sir! Mind having an ice cream with us?"

"Sorry! My friend here is in a hurry." Nigel yelled back as they passed.

"You can bring your friend too." The girls giggled at Henry.

"Keep moving Nigel, we don't have a lot of time." He rushed Nigel further as he continued waving at the girls who didn't seem to recognize them due to their casual outfit.

***

Rose POV:

We were having so much fun. I think that's what it's called. We browsed different shops that were filled with expensive goods beyond my means that I couldn't even dream about. Karen bought whatever she found good. She made me to buy red stilletoes because I wasn't buying anything. She said it would look good on me.

"Seriously, we are having so much fun." She flayed her hands dramatically at me. I was carrying some of her bags because it was too much for her to carry on her own.

"You know, you are now officially my new best friend." She smiled making me do the same and I felt happy, I never had a best friend. She is funny, smart and caring. I have never found such a friend in my life, even though I had Iyla but sometimes she left me alone while being social. Iyla would always remind me that I am just any other ordinary and common girl, but it was true. What's the point of hiding it?

Karen hugged me tightly and when she parted, I saw her eyes averting to someone then she yelled, "Henry!"

Oh no, I am caught.

***

Note :

This story is a blend of Victorian and modern era.

And the language used is Romanian.