※ | chapter eighteen

❝i already told you i don't want to be in your super-secret boyband.❞

-tony stark, iron man 2

WHEN I OPEN MY eyes, I have no clue where the hell I am. All I know is that my vision is beyond blurry and my head is pounding like someone has taken a hammer to it. Wincing, my hand flies to my temple as I sit up. I'm lying in a cot with several blankets pulled over me. The rest of the tent is completely empty except for Bellamy, who lies on the ground right beside the bed.

"What the hell?" I mumble as my eyes scan over Bellamy's sleeping figure. His hair is ruffled, lips slightly parted, and all of his muscles relaxed. Despite how cliche it sounds, he actually looks much younger. There isn't a smirk or scowl twisting his mouth. His eyes aren't narrowed. He seems almost...peaceful.

I'm not dumb- I can put two and two together. The aching in my head is surely a hangover. It's not the worst I've had and I know I can live through it. I must have had too much to drink last night, and all I can remember is my hand reaching up to...touch Bellamy's face?

I shake my head as my heart starts to beat a little faster. All of Bellamy's clothes are intact, so that must be a good sign at least. However, I can't figure out why there are stray blades of grass in my hair or why I'm in Bellamy's tent at all.

Slowly, I rise to my feet and let the blankets pool at my ankles. I carefully step over Bellamy with one of the blankets in my hand and drape it gently across him as to not disturb his slumber. My cheeks redden as I another memory suddenly hits me- one of me telling him he had a nice face.

Well, drunk me wasn't kidding.

A head pops into the tent, nearly startling me out of my wits. I almost fall backward onto my butt from my crouched position beside Bellamy, but I manage to catch myself before that happens.

"Fallon?" A male's voice whispers. "What are you doing in here?"

My head whips around to see Finn, much to my surprise. The shape of his face is barely visible in the darkness of the tent and especially because of the amount of space between us. It's the long hair that gives him away.

"What are you doing in here?" I retort just as quietly as he had, standing up and brushing myself off. My eye drifts to Bellamy to make sure he hasn't woken up.

"Looking for you," Finn replies, his gaze darting between Bellamy on the ground, sleeping, the boy's hair sticking up in all directions, the blades of grass in mine.

My eyes narrow. "So you came in here looking for me, then ask what I'm doing in here when you actually do find me?" I scoff, shifting my weight and crossing my arms over my chest. "Seems fair."

Finn has that same wide-eyed look of surprise that he always seems to have, as if he can't quite figure something out. "Whatever. Just- come on. Clarke's waiting outside."

This spikes my curiosity. I uncross my arms and start to walk toward the flap at the front of the tent, giving one last look at Bellamy before I duck under the exit and emerge outside. To my surprise, it's still pitch black outside. How long have I been sleeping? Or, rather, when did I fall asleep?

Clarke had been pacing around before I followed Finn out. She stops the instant she sees me, sighing in relief and heading toward me with a strange look in her eyes, almost like anxiety. My eyebrows pinch in concern and I momentarily forget about my headache.

"What's going on?" I question as my gaze shifts between the two.

"Finn wants to make an alliance with the Grounders," Clarke replies lowly, her head tilted slightly downward but her eyes still calculating my reaction. Air blows out of the side of my mouth as I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. It's not the worst thing I've heard.