Chapter 20 - Who Was The Previous King?

Dear Internet Diary,

I silently open the door and see Tania is sound asleep. I close the door and try to make the least amount of noise possible as I move to get my pyjama's. I enter the bathroom and take a quick shower. I make sure to avoid letting the water hit my face, and other parts of my body, as I don't want to wince in pain.

A quick minute later, I step out of the shower and get dressed. I take a good look in the mirror as the few cuts on my body are visible. I freeze as I see my pale body in the mirror. The new cuts are nowhere near as bad as the old ones. I check an old mark that's hidden by my hair, yet somewhat close to my left ear. I stare back at myself, and then hesitantly lift my shirt from the bottom right-hand corner near my hipbone. A small yet deep cut mark has embedded it's way into my skin."Great. Another mark to add to the collection."

I let go of my shirt and exhale loudly. I close my eyes and check the one mark that really marked me for life. Mr. Blue just stab me with his knife and left it there for far too long. When he finally took it out, treated the wound, and left me alone, I could already see the scar form. Now that I look at it, and see it's still defined like it was last year. The small line is still there and I sigh in remembrance. "Thank the universe I don't have to go to school for another two days. Plus, I'm on mandatory bed rest. Doctor's Orders." I think as I exit the bathroom.

I walk on over to my side of the room and get too cold from the AC. I know I'll soon be under my covers, but I still raise the temperature by two degrees. Once I see the temperature go from 18.89 degrees Celsius (66 degrees Fahrenheit) to 20 degrees Celsius (68 degrees Fahrenheit), I walked on over to my bed, and rolled up under the covers.

I wake up slowly yawning and stretching my limbs. I hear a soft knock at the door and freeze. "Melody, are you in there?" a voice says, and I hold on tight to my covers. "Open the door if you are." I recognize the voice as Stephen's. I breathe out calmly and make my way to the door. I get up on my toes and put my eye near the peephole, and see him standing there irritated.

"Yeah! I'm here. Give me a second." I say as I enter the bathroom. "Alright. Just hurry up. I've been standing here for a while." he responds. I brush my teeth as hastily as possible. I put my hair in a bun before opening the door, I smile, and Stephen tries to come in. I block him and hear "Let me in Melody. We need to talk." He reaches for my hand, that's on the door frame after he finishes, and I pull it back just in time. "We can talk right here," I say looking him in the eye before seeing a few girls wandering the hall. "Fine," he retorts, "but don't blame me if people start judging you for wearing your pj's at 5 in the afternoon."

"I can take care of my self Stephen," I say sending him a disapproving look. "Mel *sigh* Don't be like this," he tells me once more, and he tries to reach for my other hand. "Hey!" another voice booms through our hallway, but I can't see the voice's owner, but I know they're talking to Stephen. "I'm talking to you, Stephen." I know that voice I think, as I hear footsteps get closer. The few girls that were wandering, all scatter back to their rooms.

I see Stephen's jaw tense and he stands a bit straighter. Then I see Jace approaching us, and say, "Leave her alone Death Racer." Jace says as he cocks a grin. I stand there confused until Jace pushes further. "Oh wait. What's your title now? Runner Up? No. Second Best?" Jace says tilting his head a bit, while his smirk broadens. "SHUT UP F*ck up Jace! It's because of you I lost my title as King." Stephen shouts. "It's not my fault you're an easy competition," Jace replies.

"Alright," I say while stepping in between them. "Stephen you need to go. I can't date someone who gets so worked up over a title. We're through." Stephen gives me the look of disbelief, scoffs, looks like he's about to protest, but then shuts his mouth. I watch him walk away and face Jace. "Thanks for paying for the bill yesterday, but I'll pay you back. I don't know when or how, but I'll pay you back." I tell Jace as the amusement never leaves his face. "Melody, even if you wanted to pay me back, I wouldn't let you," Jace tells me as I release our close proximity.

I take a step back, and say, "Then why are you here?" "I just wanted to make sure you were okay from yesterday," he tells me, and I give him a look of disbelief. "And I'm out of baseball until I recover, so coach kicked me out of the locker room for now, and I decided to come here," he adds. I nod my head and thank him for checking up on me. "I'm going to get dressed, and get breakfast. Want to come?" I ask Jace and figure it's the least I could do to repay him for getting rid of Stephen.

Jace nods his head and tells me he'll meet me in the lobby. I turn to enter my dorm, but then Jace stops me. "Let's go somewhere other than the Union." I say," Alright. Where shall we go?" He smirks at me, and tells me, "You'll see. It's a surprise, but it's one you'll like." I do Mckayla Maroney's lip twist, and ask, "What should I wear?" "You'll need a dress for where I'm taking you. Nothing fancy. Just a nice dress." I smile up at him thinking of just the right ensemble, walk into my dorm, and grab the door. Before closing it, I tell Jace, "Prepare to be in awe." "Always Melody. Always," he says, and I close my door beaming.

 Always," he says, and I close my door beaming

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Sincerely,

Melody N. Ravenna

P.S. Pyjama's isn't spelt wrong. It's spelt in Commonwealth English.

P.P.S. The lobby in my residence hall.