Chapter 11 - The Ruined Moment

Dear Internet Diary,

       Our kiss is interrupted by Lucas and Tania rushing in through the door. When they see us, Tania is the first to respond. "Oh! We're sorry," she says as she winks at me. "The R.A. was walking through the hall, so we came back in. ...We'll be over there," she says as she takes Lucas with her.

         I look back up at Jace, blushing. "We should go," I say as I try to pull away from Jace. "No. They can wait," he tells me as he presses me back into him. I look down at the ground and bite my lip. He chuckles at me and then loosens his hold. I grab his hand and walk out of the bathroom. Tania and Lucas look at us, then at our hands, and try to hide their growing smile. 

       "Well, I see you two have made up," Lucas says. "Guess this means Jenny's out of the picture." At the mention of Jenny's name, my stomach drops.  Tania elbows Lucas in the gut after she sees my reaction. "Jenny," I say as I fall to the ground. "What have I done?" I ask myself. I hear Jace groan as he tries to get down next to me. "Don't touch me!" I scream at Jace before he can come all the way down. I just did his stitches minutes ago, I don't want to do them again. I'm not one to leave a person behind, but right now, I think I may have just ruined someone's life. I get up from the floor and run out the door.

       I reach the lift and press the button anxiously. Tania is on my tail. She tells me, "I'm so sorry Lucas said that. I promise you, Jenny doesn't mean nearly as much to Jace as you do. I swear it on my life." I turn around and face her. "Be honest with me. Did anyone bother to call Jenny when this happened?" She looks down at the ground, and I see Jace come out of his room.

      "Melody! Please wait," he says as he calls out to me. I hear the lift bell ring, and I get in. Tania tries to follow, but I stop her. "Don't follow me," I say looking at Tania, but referring to both of them. As the doors close, I see Lucas dragging Jace back into his room. I manage to fight back my tears until I'm out the lift. I run out of their residence hall and go back into mine. "Damn! I forgot my ID inside." I say irked at my past self. Luckily, I see a girl trying to get in, but failing miserably. She's obviously had a little too much to drink since she can hardly stand.

      I clear my face with my hands, before walking over to her. I get her attention, and she lets me help her out. Once I open the door, I help her go inside. She tells me she's on the second floor, so we take the lift. I open her door and get her on her bed. She passes out the moment she hits her bed. I shake my head a little in amusement and walk out of her dorm.

       When I arrive back at mine, I'm met with nothing but silence. Tania's obviously not here, and I'd really rather not have to deal with her tonight. I walk over to my bed and wrap myself under the covers. "Tonight couldn't have gone worse," I say before falling asleep.

Sincerely,

       Melody N. Ravenna

Vote for this chapter.