Chapter Five.

He wasn't alone, it was that realization that woke him from his sleep. He lay on his stomach in the large bed, the pillows and blankets scattered around him. He'd thrown out the blonde immediately after he had finished with her, then he fell into bed alone and slept. Now, though he could feel the eyes on his back and he struggled to keep his breathing even so whoever it was didn't know he was awake.

He lay still and listened, two people were in the room not one. Two sets of feet shifter on the crappy floor. He couldn't lay here forever, his eyes slowly moved to the bedside table where his gun should be but it wasn't.

"He's awake," A familiar voice said.

He sighed heavily, no sense denying it. He rolled over to see Lacy and a tall man he didn't recognize standing at the foot of his bed. The man was pointing a gun at him.

"This the guy that's been following you?" The man asked.

"Yeah, that's him."

"Lacy," Demon moved to get out the bed.

"Don't move, I'll blow your brains out!" The man threatened.

Lacy moved to look out a window, her jacket now baring the symbol for the Aces Wild across the back in place of the Animals. She glanced at Demon only briefly but didn't speak.

"You know why I'm here," The man said.

"I have a pretty good idea."

"You've been following Lacy, making threats. That doesn't sit too good with King, this whole war is getting out of hand quick."

"I'm not making threats, I just want to talk to her." Demon said, looking at Lacy when he spoke.

"The thing is we know about you, you never just talk to anyone."

He glanced at the man then back at Lacy who was still staring out the window, completely detached from the entire interaction.

"She used to be one of us, that used to mean something to her. I wanted to know why she turned on the club."

"She has a better offer on the table now, that's all you need to know."

He looked at Lacy, she'd turned from the window but was doing her best to avoid looking directly at him. Just once she raised her head but he couldn't read her expression.

"Lacy..."He tried to speak to her.

"Don't." She said.

He moved, his intention was to get out of the bed and shake some sense into her. Two things stopped him, the man with the gun and the fact he was naked beneath the sheet. He glanced at the guy with the gun, he seemed to have already decided to kill Demon.

"Lacy, just tell me why."

"It doesn't matter," She said.

"He's going to shoot me anyway, you may as well tell me why."

"She doesn't owe you anything, you don't own her anymore." the man said.

Demon glanced back at Lacy, she was holding his gun in her hand. Her arm dangling loosely at her side, the gun almost slipping from her fingers. She stared at the man she was with then turned back to the window.

"Do you have anything you want to say to him?" the man asked, turning to Lacy.

"Not a damn thing," She said with a sigh.

"Sorry Mate," The guy said with a shrug.

He pointed his gun directly at Demon, but before he could fire a single shot Lacy fired hers. The man dropped in an instant and she stood in place, gun still pointed at where his head would be. She didn't speak or move at first then she let out a heavy sigh and lowered her arm.