14

"Well today was fun." I said as me and Dee strolled on the beach. We had been out on the town all day, laughing and joking around. This boy was such a goofball. In the resteraunt, he practically knew everyone. Now that I think about it, that's probably why he laughed when I said it was really crowded. The food was amazing though, so that was a plus.

Dee held my hand tight as if he thought I might float away in the breeze. It was reassuring that he was by my side. I smiled to myself. He was such an over - achiever in our relationship. If it was going at 100 %, he made it 110.

"I'm glad baby girl. That's what I like to hear." I looked at him from the corner of my eye. The dude always knew the right things to say. We sat down in the sand and overlooked the ocean; the sunset giving it a purple and blue appearance.

"Do you think you'd want kids?" I looked at him as he kept his eyes on the shifting waves. I thought that was a question the woman would bring up in the relationship, which explains why I haven't done it yet. Wasn't sure if it were too early to discuss a future family but I decided to go with the flow.

"Yeah I do, I actually love babies. Practically in love." I played with the sand, moving my finger back and forth.

"Wait, how many do you want? Talking bout you love babies."

He gave a smirk and lied down on his back, wrapping his arms around my waist. I turned towards him and placed my right leg across both of his.

"Well..." I trailed on with a smile.

"How many do you want?"

He licked his lips. "Maybe two."

I shook my head in dismay.

"Two isn't enough for me. I like four better." His eyes widened and he burst out laughing, causing me to do the same.

"Four kids? Girl why so many?"

"Four is not a lot, Dee. I can't have just one because they'd be the only child which makes them lonely. Not two because they could get bored of themselves. Not three because that's an odd number, which leaves four. It's perfect."

"Nina, do you know how much money that's going to be to send them to college? Buy school clothes? Feed? Take out on family trips and stuff? That's costly."

"Dee, stop being logical. They aren't here yet but when they are, we'll be okay. I'm sure we will."

He sat up, sand still plastered to his back. He pulled me close to him and looked me in my eyes.

"We could have as many children as you want baby girl. If anything, I would be grateful and blessed for you to carry my kids. This relationship we have now, I see it lasting past graves and Heaven itself."

I smiled up at him. "Publix did that."

We laughed and kissed. I did not want to let him go.

______________
Social Media:
Instagram: neiarenee
Twitter: taneiartxo