19

"What do you want to do today?" I asked him, as we ate a Caesar salad. With the lack of food we had in this house since we moved, this was all I could prepare and Dee was scarfing it down without a second thought.

"I don't know, we could just chill here all day." He answered, salad still in his mouth. I took a sip of my water and looked around. The television was set up, no telling if they put Netflix back on it but I'm sure we'd find something on cable.

"That's fine.. or," I smirked at him and he looked at me with a straight face.

"I could go meet your parents." He chuckled and nodded his head.

"So today is the day, huh?" I shrugged my shoulders and played around in my salad with my fork.

"I'm going to have to one day, might as well get it over with." He stood up and walked over to the trash to throw away his scraps.

"Don't dread it ma. Let's go."

I settled on a dark blue romper with spaghetti straps and shorts, brown strappy sandals, and I pulled my hair into a ponytail. I grabbed my Michael Kors bag and met Dee downstairs where he was waiting for me, already dressed and smelling of my favorite cologne.

"Okay, I'm ready." I announced once I reached the bottom. Dee looked at me and smiled.

"Don't be-"

"Nervous?" I said, finishing his sentence.

"I won't be. Come on, let's go." He nodded his head and followed me out of the house. Here we go..

"That booty looking mighty nice in that dress thing." I burst out laughing and turned to look at him.

"Look, check this out right here. This is a romper. Not a dress thing." He brushed past me and smacked my butt.

"I don't care what you got on right now, I'm thinking bout that." I lightly pushed him and he pushed back, causing me to laugh again.

"Aggravating." I said under my breath.

We got inside of his car and he started it up. I buckled up and placed my bag into my lap. Dee blasted J. Cole and we were off.

"Wow, bae you have a nice house." I said as we walked up the front steps of the one story building. It was a well built suburban home with brick walls and comforting assets. A straw wicker rocking chair sat firmly on the front porch, accompanied by a ginger bush and brown welcome mat. Not to mention that the lawn was wonderfully manicured.

Dee rung the doorbell and immediately we heard a heavy barking rushing to the front door.

"Yep, this where I grew up." he began. "Me and my boys had some good times running the block though." We laughed as a graceful woman's voice echoed to us.

"Coming." with the shuffling of feet by it.

The black door swung open and there stood a woman who looked to be in her early forties. She was tall at around 5'8, light brown complection, big light green eyes, and jet black hair that touched her shoulders. She was dressed in a navy blue tee-shirt that read 'BYOB' on the front, light blue capris, and pink bedroom slippers on.

"Deondre, who this?" she asked, her southern accent on full affect. She placed her hands on her hips as the barking dog ceased. He was a Golden Retriever, adorably enough to be recognized. Dee grabbed my hand and looked at me, trying to make sure I was still standing strong. "This is my lady, ma." he answered swiftly. The lady sized me and then stepped aside for us to enter. I could tell this was going to be a long visit.
______________
Social Media:
Instagram: neiarenee
Twitter: taneiartxo