Visitors

Demi's Pov

I'm talking to doctors about Maya and her recovery. They say that it's going to be a process, and I know since I've had to go through the same recovery. All of a sudden, I hear screaming. It's Maya, and my heart beats really fast, and I run to her room. Her arm is covered with blood, and tears are streaming down her face. "Please get me out of here!!' She sobs, and she starts hyperventilating. "Breathe Maya, breathe, breathe.." I soothe as I bend down in front of her. Maya says " I can't breath. Get m-me out of here I don't like it." "Baby, yes you can. Just take deep breaths with me, okay? You have to stay here so they can make you better, and then you can come home," I whisper. Maya hugs me as I stroke her hair and the nurses come in probably to set her back in place. They give her something to help her sleep, and I sit by her bedside, and she curls into my side, wrapping her arms around my waist, and she whispers, "I love you, Mom." This was the first time she's called me Mom in a while, and I say, "I love you too, Maya." And she closes her eyes and drifts off to sleep.

Maya's Pov

The nurses wake me up. "Maya, you have visitors." And there's Zay, Dylan, and Riley!! They have flowers, balloons and a bag filled with games and stuffed animals. I'm so happy, I start to cry as I hug all of them. Demi is beaming at me. Riley says "May, May what happened?!" "We've been so worried about you! The school heard what happened, and guess what? Missy got expelled!!" Dylan exclaims. Really?" I said with wide eyes. Demi says "Missy said what?!" Demi said "Maya Lovato, what did Missy say?!" "Oh nothing," I lie. Zay bursts, "It was awful..Missy was so mean, she called Maya so many names and made fun of her weight, and basically said she doesn't deserve to be your daughter." I said "Zay! He's kidding, he's crazy." But Demi sits down on the bed and wraps her arm around me. "Maya, nothing she said was true," Riley says. I bury my face in Demi's chest and said "Yes it was, I'm f-fat. And I'm not good enough, and I don't deserve to be your daughter." Demi strokes my hair and says, "No you're not fat, and you're my daughter, and you are most definitely good enough! You mean the world to me." "And all of us. We're here," Riley says smiling warmly. I smile and say "Thanks Riles." Then Lucas walks in and says "Oh. god i'm sorry I couldn't come sooner I was going to texas on the plane almost taking off and I had to run off right when I got the news. I ran out the airport and I ran across the block and than this dog chased me than I ran more, and more and than I'm here." "Lucas, I'm glad you came," I say, and he smiles. "Maya, Missy was so uncool by saying those things to you, all of those things aren't true, you're special, and you're our friend, and we- I don't know what I would've done if you left us." "Let's give them a moment," Riley says, and everyone walks out of the room. I smile at Lucas and say "Lucas, you're really sweet and I really, really like you, but i'm not pretty, smart, worthy, and anything else.. You deserve a lot better." Tears run down my face, he Lucas comes closer. My lips touch his and I felt my fears float away... He pulls away slowly, and then he says, "This is how much you mean to me Maya, you're beautiful and amazing." I burst into tears because I'm so happy, and I wrap my arms around his neck. I said "You actually care?!" "Yes I do Maya. I care a lot about you," Lucas says." I smile, my cheeks turn red and I said "what does this make us know?" "I think you know, Maya," he smiles, and I beam at him. "We're together."