Darkness

Paranoia's P.O.V

I laid on my bed staring up at the ceiling desperately wishing that I could at least have a window to see the sky. It was 10 minutes till lights out. I nervously twirled my hair. The one part of Arkham that I couldn't stand was lights out. It would go completely dark making my mind wonder of all the things that I couldn't see, what would be crawling over to me , or the demons that just waited till it was dark and everyone was asleep so they can come and snatch me. I hated darkness it was the one thing I feared most next to being alone or rejected... And those two fears weren't the good kind. Darkness was so vast and endless. It stretched for miles and miles hiding and concealing things from us. The fact of not being able to see what was coming next was terrible. But darkness would always be there no matter how hard you tried it would come to you and never go away.

I sighed to myself. Why did I like fear so much? I loved it because its not being able to know what would happen next it was an adrenaline rush. Fear was simply the future. But not all fear I seemed to like darkness and rejection was fear I could never handle. Part of why I loved the Joker was because of the fear he would give me sometime when he would slap me around or something....

"You look deep in thought.." Jonathan crane startled me interrupting my thoughts. I sat up in my bed and turned to him. "Oh uh yeah I was just zoned out. " I brushed a piece of dark purple hair out of my face. "5 minutes till lights out.." I breathed nervously. "Hmm?" jonathan asked. "Nothing just uh talking to myself." I mumbled to him. "So Paranoia, you never answered my question." He smirked to me pushing up his glasses. "Whats your worst fear darling?" his voice was a low hum that made me shutter a bit. I smiled to him. "Darkness.." I muttered nervously. Did I really just tell the scarecrow, The king of fear himself, my worst fear? I couldn't help it he was just so easy to talk to and so kind. Which most people can never imagine about us Arkham prisoners, we can be so kind if we wanted. IF we wanted...

"Hmm darkness... " he mumbled out loud. "Too bad love. 3 minutes till lights out." He winked at me laying back on his bed humming a tune gently . Now it was two minutes till lights out. He continued to hum. One minute. He hummed softly and sweetly. And... Lights out. His humming suddenly stopped and I was left alone surrounded by darkness that consumed me. It was cold and silent making me shiver.