ii. white people are crazy

 "What did you do?!" Lola barked, barging into my office as that kid with the ridiculous hair and sharp jawline stormed out, like a hurricane sweeping the coast

"I made my decision," I answered. "Anna will fill the position and she will do it during the newest segment tomorrow evening."

Lola scoffed. "You don't have a clue what you're doing, Reece."

"I don't give a clear, blue fuck, Lola," I powered back. She tipped her neck to the side, silently asking me if I had just lost my mind. I hadn't! "She's passionate about it, she's qualified-"

"Tits don't qualify for jobs," Lola snorted. "That kid was qualified." She threw her hands up. "White people are crazy."

"By what community college?" I asked. "And now that's racist.

Lola scoffed and huffed at the same time. "You're going to make me take desperate measures," she said.

"I'm the CEO, Lola," I said. "My word is final and if you go against it, I'll find an executive assistant who falls in line."

 She glared at me, with those smokey eyes, green and fierce and piercing and if I weren't used to women glaring at me like that, maybe  I would have been intimidated. 

"Phone Anna and let her know she got the job," I demanded. "That is if you want to keep yours."

Lola looked me up and down, sizing me up like I was some sort of easy prey. And once she realized that I was a hawk and she was a lizard, she backed down and nodded. "Right away sir," she said before doing the Nazi pose.

I gawked, dumbfounded. "That's hardly fair!" I shouted as she exited, but did not close the door. 

There was light chatter and soon, my best friend, Declan, in a white tee and plaid shorts, strolled in with a grin on his face.