Chapter 22

I was waiting outside of Nate's house along with my parents, Daniel, and Jane. The rest of the pack was cleaning up of what was left of Chloe and Mason. They couldn't find Nikki's body everybody believed her body drifted off into the ocean. Both Pack doctors from mine and Nates' were now attending to Nate and his major wounds.

I paced back and forth, waiting for the doctors to come out and tell me if I am going to be his future wife someday or I might never get to marry my mate, possibly never get to have another moment with him and just by that thought of him being gone forever shakes my very core and any moment I could break down and cry. "Skye sweetheart, come and sit down you are seriously gonna get a heart attack," my father said as he looked at me with concerned eyes knowing if I lose Nate then I would be in a serious depression. "If I can survive what just happened then I can definitely survive a heart attack," I said and he just rolled his eyes.

Suddenly the front door swung opened and came out the two pack doctors who hold the answers that I desperately needed to know. I ran over to the pack doctors in a blink of an eye and asked them frantically "How is he?!" They both looked at me like I have gone mad. Then they both looked at each other then back to me, my pack doctor said "He is really injured and wounded badly, it can heal but..." he trailed off, Nate's pack doctor then said "But we don't exactly know how long it would take for him to recover completely."

My heart fell slightly but then I asked "But he'll be okay, right? He'll wake up, right?" Hoping and praying to the great being that he would live to see me and possibly his future pups. Both of them looked at each other again and I've grown irritated with just how they are delivering the news that everyone is dying for, well at least I am the one dying for the news. "Tell me!" I shouted making Jane and Daniel come behind me and grab my arms before I could even lay a single finger on them. My pack doctor then sighed and said "We all just have to wait and see Ms. Hale,"

My heart then literally fell, I felt hopeless. Like I just wanted the ground beneath me to open up and swallow me. I didn't want to be anywhere if I was not with Nate. I didn't want to go home without him and I certainly did not want to face anybody else if he is in there suffering and hurting. The two pack doctors patted my shoulders in a simple comfort as they passed me. "What are we gonna do now?" Jane asked as she folded her arms in front of her chest and rubbing her arms keeping the cold away from her. "We do what we always do best... endure... then we move on," my father said in a voice of authority.

My head snapped towards him with eyes that could kill and hissed "You mean move on while Nate is in there hurting!?" my father rolled his eyes and said "There is nothing we can do Skye but to wait. I will take care of his pack with the help of Daniel and Jane, until Nate comes back," I didn't want to wait, I wanted him right now. I wanted him in my arms, in my bed, and simply all over me. My father sighed and said "Your mother-- Gabie put a spell on Nate for him to heal faster but soon your mother wants to be a werewolf again," I looked over at Gabie and gave her a small smile and she did the same in return. "You can stay with Nate if you want to," my father said as he turned around and walked away with Gabie at his side who now planned to stay instead of going back to her creepy home.

I then walked inside Nate's house and noticed how quiet and lonely it was unlike the last time I have been here which was a party. I then climbed the stairs and went inside Nate's room and as I saw his body on the bed with bandages, a tear slipped from my eye and I started sobbing but as I recovered I sat beside Nate, waiting for him to wake,

even if I have to wait forever.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 months have passed and still no sign of Nate waking up,

8 months have gone and I still sat beside him even all night long,

8 agonizing months have flew by and still my heart was aching to see his eyes, his smile.

I sat beside his bed holding onto his hand murmuring unheard words. "Please... come back to me Nate," I said again as I shut my eyes and tried holding back the tears that were already falling down my face. My hair was a mess, it was in knots since I constantly pulled my hair. My body lost its beautiful curves that I worked hard on and now they are just skin and bones due to lack of eating. My eyes were in pain as they were red and puffy. Not one second passed that I have been crying, my hair has grown longer and my heart fell deeper into depression.

Jane and Daniel would visit, Jane would try to get me something to eat and sometimes I would eat but sometimes I don't. Gabie would come to my aid when I needed a bath, she would get a wet rag and wipe me and at the same time we would bond. I would also do the same for Nate, get a wet rag and bathe him. My father would stop by and tell me how things are doing in Nate's pack. I would always make the decision since everybody knew I was now the Luna. I didn't want to make the decisions but I didn't put up a fuss for I had a bigger problem at hand than making decisions for the pack.

I was there sitting beside his bed, holding his hand not taking my red puffy eyes off him. On the coffee table laid a bunch of plates with rotten food since I didn't have time to eat. Beside me was a plate of  unfinished spaghetti-Os and a glass of water but I didn't have the appetite to eat or drink. I then felt soft hands on my shoulders, I looked up and saw Daniel. He smiled at me and I gave him a small smile as I leaned my head on his hand. "You should eat Skye," he said, I sighed to myself and said "I don't wanna leave him," as my eyes darted back to Nate. His chest rising up and down, alive but barely looking like it.

"He will be here under my care and Janes, you should at least get a good night rest on your bed, a good meal cooked by your father and you should try your mother's desert they are to die for," he said as we both giggled, "And take a long and warm bath and when you are done you come back here," he continued seriously wanting me to get out of this house well more like out of this room, the only time I ever left Nate's side was going to the bathroom.

"But what if--" Daniel then cut me off by saying "If he wakes up I will send Jane to you and I'll make sure you'll be the first person he sees," as if he was thinking what I wanted to happen. I smiled at him and mouthed 'Thank you' he just smiled and shook my shoulders gently "Out you go then," Jane said as she danced into the room. Daniel helped me to stand up and as I got out of the room there were two pack members helping me to get to my house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

        I did as I was told by Daniel, I spent some time with my parents they told me that my mom who was currently in Brazil knew the truth and now she loathes everyone except me. She found out that her daughter, Nikki, died and she basically cried and lashed out on my parents but she still sent me gifts and letters and as I spent time with my mom and dad I knew that both of them were truly mates due to the way they both act around each other and it was pretty obvious since my father was now jolly and very happy especially Gabie, my mom. Daniel was right, her desert was amazing.

I had a peaceful sleep and a soothing warm bath, it was now morning and I had to go back to Nate. I dried my hair with a towel and looked around my room. It was filled with memories of Nate, he rejected me here at the same time made me fall even more deeper for him. I smiled at that memory and knowing that I'll soon have more memories of him and this won't be just simple memories it will be moments that I'll never forget, moments I'll soon live in.

Like getting married,

having our first child,

finally seeing Nate wake--

I was pulled out of my thoughts as soon as Jane barged into my room panting like she has been chased by the whole pack. Her eyes are widen and she looked at me with an amused expression, that's when my heart started beating erratically, I dropped the towel that was in my hands and my lips slightly parted. Jane then nodded towards me knowing exactly what I was thinking she nodded answering my question that was written all over my face, my heart leaped with joy and soared through happiness,

Nate was finally awake.