chapter 26.

The cluttering noise echoed throughout the house, I bolted up in my bed and called out "Nate!?" but there was no answer. I then decided to put on my robe and see for myself besides no one bad could get in here right? There were five guards guarding the house and if they were to break in I am a werewolf for crying out loud. I walked down the stairs peeking around the corner but no one was to be seen, not a single being could be seen or sensed.

I sighed to myself in relief knowing it was just nothing. I went to the Kitchen and saw one of the frying pans on the floor. I carefully crouched down to grab it, but as I did, something from the corner of my eye moved. I quickly whirled around but to see nothing but the curtains from a nearby open window flying up as the small wind blew inside. Something was wrong here-- I could sense it. Out of anxiety I ran to the backdoor as I opened it I saw one of the guards. "Anything wrong Luna?" he asked, I put my right hand on my chest and sighed in relief again. "No... Just a bit jumpy," I replied, the one beside him then nodded in respect I nodded back and went back inside.

When suddenly I sniffed the air and noticed that the two men standing at the backdoor weren't from the pack but as I turned around to lock the door. The two men who posed as my guards walked in with a serious and danger look in their eyes. I turned around to go to the front door but was also blocked by two more people but one was a girl and the other was a man. There was no way out, why were they here? Were they here to kill me because I am the Luna or because....

before my thoughts could even be finished I was interrupted by a voice that rang through the room like an annoying cat being dragged from its bath, "Miss me sis?" I turned around and saw the unbelievable Nikki standing right before me. Her hair was longer as it was pulled into a neat curly ponytail, her flawless face now had a scar right above her right eye and down towards the left of her neck. Her right eye was now blinded and she wore all black looking as if she was the Alpha of the rogues if that is even possible. "What-- How?" I stuttered not knowing what to say to my long lost sister who just died and was now back from the dead.

She smirked at how confused I am and said "About time Nate decided to leave you," As she checked her fingernails. "He didn't leave me!" I hissed as I wrapped my robe tighter to my body so my nightgown wouldn't be expose to them. "You're suppose to be dead Nikki down that cliff... where you belong!" I spat out at her. Her one eye looked at me looking like a fire was growing inside of her and not the good kind of fire. "Well, you are suppose to be Nerdy Filthy Fat Skye Hale--" I cut her off by saying "But now I am Skye Stark," before I could say something back at her she then back slapped my face making me fall to the floor. "Nikki! You said there would be no violence," the girl gasped out.

Nikki furiously looked at her and hissed "Yes, there will be no harm done but I did say we had to take her out," as she pointed at me who was trying to get off the ground but then one of the man guards then spoke out "Nate Stark won't be too happy with this," "--Of course he won't stupid! We are killing his wife!!" Nikki yelled making all four of them flinch. "You know the consequences if we kill her," another man said "I know okay!! Nate will hunt us down and will not stop until he kills us! I know! All I want is her to be dead and out of my life!!" Nikki snapped as she ran her hand through her hair messing up her ponytail. "Why do you wanna kill her anyway? She is your sister," the girl guard asked.

Nikki laughed and said as she started taking a few steps towards me "Why do I wanna kill her? As I came to see my father for the first time I thought my life was now perfect. Gabie told me she wasn't my real mother so I ran away from her not returning. I found my father, had my long term boyfriend who I dearly love and finally made friends here... but NO! Skye is self-centered, all she ever thinks about is her feelings and not mine! She stole my mother Gabie away from me, then she stole Nate then she stole my father!! Taking everything away from me!!" she finally lost it as she started throwing furniture around the house.