"I love you" (8)

Alex

Red was all I saw when I spotted Brett and Mason Drewry, a kid from my Algebra class that was apparently gay, locking lips out side of school. It's nice to know that he moved on but I don't need to see my breakfast again.

He looked my way for a split second and I swear I saw the tiniest of smirks on his face before he turned back to Mason.

It hurt. It did. But, I need to be strong. My lips quivered without permission and my eyes stung from angry tears.

Hold it in, Alex. You're better than this.

I thought to myself over and over again. I keep walking, except in the direction of my house. I thought It'd be a good day today.

Guess not.

⭕⭕

Six hours. Six hours of sitting on my bed. Six hours of staring at the ceiling, out the window, at the floor. Six hours of thinking. Six hours ago Brett had kissed Mason Drewry.

My dad went on a business trip or something like that. I really have no time to care at this point.

The sound of the doorbell rings through my ears, cutting my thoughts off. I reluctantly slide off of my bed and stumble towards the door. Stumble due to six hours of laying, sitting, thinking.

You'll never believe who was at the door. Ah, who am I kidding? You probably guessed it. Brett Anderson. Flesh and blood.

"Brett." I acknowledge him, "What brings you here?"

He looks hesitant for a minute while I stand there impatiently.

"Alex, I-I-I-" He doesn't seem to get the word out.

"You..what?" I retort.

"I love you. And..I miss you. I know you saw me kissing Mason today but I did that because I had to get you out of my mind somehow. You were always invading my thoughts and I- dammit."

Then he steps forward and presses his lips to mine, hungrily. I stay frozen for a minute but then I respond to the kiss. I don't know what happens but it's like this sudden greed overcomes me and I want more. More of his lips, more of his soft skin, more of him.

He grabs my waist with his hands and pulls me closer, if that's possible. Kicking the door closed with his foot, Brett backs me up into the wall, bringing my legs up to wrap around his hips. My hands get tousled in his wavy hair.

Butterflies are erupting in my stomach. I feel as if..as if I'm on top of the world.

"Alex," Brett breathes," do you wanna-"

"Yes."

Brett drops me to my feet and whisks me up stairs by my hand, me giggling behind him like a child getting a new toy truck.

I lock the door behind us and think this over. I know I already said yes but do I really want to? I mean, we haven't, barely, spoken for a whole month. Is this how I want to forgive him? What if he's just using me?

I feel his arms snake around my waist and he presses kisses on my neck. Slowly and sweetly.

"What're you thinking about, sweetheart?"